Hi I'm New!

Options
I'm new here. I've tried everything but MyFitnessPal so thought I'd give it a whole hearted try. I'm morbidly obese and trying to lose 2 lbs a week. I'm so tired of not being able to enjoy walking like I used to or touching my toes. Heck I want to be able to put my socks on without feeling pain in my stomach and legs...wish me lots of luck because I'm going to seriously need it lol!

Replies

• pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Good luck you are in for quite a journey
    It is worth it!
  • runrogerrun
    runrogerrun Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Lots of good things can happen using MFP
  • Nolliewootz
    Nolliewootz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi keep positive and keep moving forward is what i keep thinking! we all have side steps at times but don't let that stop you!
    :-)
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP!
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

You have made a great choice with MFP! There is so much support and compassion here.
  • MadeInDR022
    MadeInDR022 Posts: 260
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • pferde01
    pferde01 Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome! I'm pretty new too but I've already added some great friends with "a long way to go" also. They are great sounding boards, motivators and idea givers. So that's what I'd suggest, find some folks that "speak your language". :)
  • Trachel25
    Trachel25 Posts: 2
    Options
    i know the struggles of gaining weight i came here as well to seek help and support im by your side its going to be a long journey but its sooo worth it welcome to mfp ;)
  • ichellebereel
    ichellebereel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I was at one time morbid obese and it was hard for me to walk because I developed asthma, however, I love to clean up and dance. So what I would do, I would find my favorite music and get some paper towels and glass cleaner and dance while I clean mirrors and the rest of the house. It took some time but little by little, I did more and more. Find the things you like to do and make it a activity. I'm sure you will will get more valuable advice on here as well. P.S I don't have asthma anymore!
  • FitCowgirl8
    FitCowgirl8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP! Good Luck with your journey! You can do it! Add me as a friend if you would like some support!
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    welcome to the group. I am fairly new also . you are welcome to add me among your friends also. anyone else here:) i joined in April weighed 209 pounds. I am now at 183 pounds.
  • Ljsproles
    Ljsproles Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, I am new to fitness pal, thought this would be a great way to be with those who have something in common with me. I live in Texas, am a yo-yo dieter in that I lose-gain-lose-gan..never ending cycle of depression ...sad but true. Good luck on your journey, please pray for me. Thanks looking forward to reading your posts.
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck on your journey to your goals. :) I hope its a positive one.
    Add me if you like. :)
  • tberend
    tberend Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me :smile:
  • thejonperry
    Options
    welcome. Best wished to you. I am my 3rd day and so far I'm having for it. Googled low calorie fast food plus drinking water and zero calorie power ad is keeping me on track. Have fun and stay positive =D
  • Ajmead
    Ajmead Posts: 56
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me :)
  • combse84
    combse84 Posts: 2
    Options
    Welcome! It is hard work but it can be done. I am have obese just about my entire life. I love this site because you add the food and it keeps track for you. What exercise are you planning on doing?
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Welcome To MFP :):) There is a lot of support and a lot of encouragement:):) I'm Glad you have made a choice to make a change in your health journey!! You Can Do This!! If you want support feel free to add me.
  • marilynnam
    marilynnam Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome! Glad to have you aboard. This site is awesome and there are alot of support groups and forums on here for information. Feel free to add me as a friend. As long as you log in daily and use your diary, you will drop the weight. This really works!