Healthy, Quick, and Minimal ingredient recipes!

Options
krystyleee
krystyleee Posts: 219
I want to make an appetizer or dessert tomorow for July 4th, but I want it to be quick with as few ingredients as possible. And healthy of course! My sister and I are trying to eat healthy and I want to have something yummy that we can eat, too! Any ideas for desserts or appetizers?

Replies

• Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Sliced fruit?
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    get some olives, coat them in goat cheese, then roll them in crushed almonds. So So So delicious and a big hit at the party i took them too. you can even get the jalepeno stuffed olives if you like a spicy kick. about 35 calories per olive
  • krystyleee
    Options
    Sliced fruit?

Yeah, but I kinda want to actually make something. But perhaps something with sliced fruit IN it. Like a pie or tart or something, but not with so many ingredients and calories! lol
  • krystyleee
    Options
    get some olives, coat them in goat cheese, then roll them in crushed almonds. So So So delicious and a big hit at the party i took them too. you can even get the jalepeno stuffed olives if you like a spicy kick. about 35 calories per olive

Ohh, very interesting. I love olives!
  • jadamuriel76
    jadamuriel76 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Angel food cake or lady fingers, blueberries, strawberries, cool whip. Layer this in a pretty tart or cake dish...red/white/blue/YUMMY!
  • mmachick2011
    mmachick2011 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ingredients
    4 large fresh apple(s), peeled, cored, cut into 1/8-inch slices (6 cups sliced apples)
    2 tsp fresh lemon juice
    3/4 cup(s) packed light brown sugar, divided
    6 tsp Tapioca, or other brand
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, or freshly grated nutmeg (fresh preferred)
    1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
    4 Tbsp regular butter, melted

Instructions
    Preheat oven to 400ºF. Place rack in bottom third to middle of oven.

In a large bowl, toss together apple slices, lemon juice, 1/4 cup sugar, tapioca, cinnamon and nutmeg; let stand for about 30 minutes.

Spoon apple mixture into an ungreased 9-inch square baking dish, or glass or ceramic pie plate; cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, to make topping, in a small bowl, combine flour with remaining 1/2 cup of sugar; mix until completely blended. Add melted butter; work in thoroughly with fingertips.

After pie has baked for 30 minutes, remove from oven and discard foil. Sprinkle topping over apples and bake, uncovered, until apples bubble and topping turns golden, about 35 to 45 minutes. Cool at least 2 hours before serving. Slice into 8 pieces and serve. Yields 1 slice per serving.

6 pts for WW... I doubled the apples in the receipe and it was yum. Like apple pie without a ton of cals.
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I want to make an appetizer or dessert tomorow for July 4th, but I want it to be quick with as few ingredients as possible. And healthy of course! My sister and I are trying to eat healthy and I want to have something yummy that we can eat, too! Any ideas for desserts or appetizers?

Biggest Loser "Ice Cream Sandwiches" - SOOOO GOOD!

Eastiest thing in the world -

Fat Free or Light Cool Whip (I like original but you can use any flavor you want)
    Graham Crackers (I like chocolate flavor but you can use whatever you want)

Break each graham cracker into squares (4 squares per cracker). Spread half of the squares with cool whip and use the remaining squares to cover the cool whip (making "sandwiches"). Put in tupperware and freeze (at least 3 hours). Serve frozen.

I swear, these are like mini ice cream sandwiches - the graham crackers become "softer" when frozen.
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered bananas

Cut bananas in half, put them on a popsicle stick, melt some semi-sweet chocolate chips (google how to if you don't know how, you can use a double boiler or a microwave), dip the bananas in, freeze them on some wax paper and serve!

You can coat them in sprinkles, nuts, coconut or anything else! They're like a more nutritious version of an ice cream pop! This is my fav!
  • krystyleee
    Options
    Love ALL of the ideas! Thanks everyone!
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    bump. these ideas all sound great nad I definitely want to remember them! I saw a good one the other day for rec/white/blue low cal mini-'cheesecakes' in the recipes section. You may wanna check that one out, too.
  • immeagain
    immeagain Posts: 16
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has great and easy ideas!
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • Danielle817
    Danielle817 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Here's something that I've done...Strawberries and Blueberries on sticks:
    SAM_7438.jpg

Top View:
    SAM_7439.jpg

Hope the images work...
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I got one for ya. I don't measure, but...

Buy a pie crust. They have low-fat ones now.

Melt chocolate and butter and milk. Or just chocolate and skim milk. You don't need a lot of chocolate. Just enough so that when you pour it into the pie crust, it covers the whole thing. Pour into bottom of pie crust. Place in fridge till it hardens.

Mix cool whip w/ your choice of fruit- strawberries, blueberries, raspberries. If you us sugar free cool whip, add splenda to taste.

Add to pie.

Done and delicious!
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Also pictured are pineapples that I've cut in quarters length wise then sliced on each wedge. Move each cut piece in opposite directions so that it makes a pretty pattern and place on platters. Although not lowfat the pineapple tastes great with pepper jack cheese. Good luck with whatever you decide to make! Happy fourth!
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Make a fruit pizza. There are lots of different ways to make it. Look online for a healthier recipe. Easy to make.
  • kittymoney
    kittymoney Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Biggest Loser "Ice Cream Sandwiches" - SOOOO GOOD!

Eastiest thing in the world -

Fat Free or Light Cool Whip (I like original but you can use any flavor you want)
    Graham Crackers (I like chocolate flavor but you can use whatever you want)

Break each graham cracker into squares (4 squares per cracker). Spread half of the squares with cool whip and use the remaining squares to cover the cool whip (making "sandwiches"). Put in tupperware and freeze (at least 3 hours). Serve frozen.

I swear, these are like mini ice cream sandwiches - the graham crackers become "softer" when frozen.

growin up we used graham crackers and made pudding (just a bit less milk when making so it gets thicker) to put inside and freeze. I bet pudding layered with that cool whip would be soooo goooood!
  • wrangler69
    wrangler69 Posts: 11
    Options
    take a 7 by 11 glass pan, spread 1 can refriend beans on bottom, then take 1/2 a package of low fat philly cheese and mix it with 1 container greel plain yogurt, spread this over beans, then spread salsa over that, chopped green onions (lots of them, hehe ) chopped red peppers, chopped yellow peppers and a small ampount of grated low fat cheese !!! grerat veggie dip or get some of those "Marys" crackers, they are gluten free with no added oils or fats !!! organic too !!!
  • wrangler69
    wrangler69 Posts: 11
    Options
    fruit pizza ? love to have that recipe !!!!