Goal Jeans

Options
GumbyAnne
GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
When I started losing weight last spring I found my old favorite pair of jeans in the back of my closet. I tried to put them on but I couldn't even get one leg in them. I fantasized about being able to put them on again, made it my goal, and draped then over a chair in my bedroom where I would see them all the time.

I have been feeling a little down lately because I have just hit this wicked plateau for the last month, but today I feel great because I am wearing those jeans. With a belt. And I actually have some space in the legs.

It's not quite as great as seeing that lower number on the scale but... oh never mind, It's totally just as good! YES!

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    When I started losing weight last spring I found my old favorite pair of jeans in the back of my closet. I tried to put them on but I couldn't even get one leg in them. I fantasized about being able to put them on again, made it my goal, and draped then over a chair in my bedroom where I would see them all the time.

I have been feeling a little down lately because I have just hit this wicked plateau for the last month, but today I feel great because I am wearing those jeans. With a belt. And I actually have some space in the legs.

It's not quite as great as seeing that lower number on the scale but... oh never mind, It's totally just as good! YES!

great job! who cares about the scale, look in the mirror! I bet you look great in those jeans! yey!!!
    OMG I have not 1 but probably 10 pairs of jeans in my closet that don't fit. I should hang those all over my room!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    oh.......TOTALLY just as good, for sure. Those victories are so important to break our obsession with the scale!

congratulations-1.gif
  • jenni3626
    jenni3626 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    There is nothing like getting back into an old pair of great jeans!
  • louisicals
    Options
    Go you! that's absolutely fantastic, and much more important than a number.
  • AsianTexan
    AsianTexan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    HIGH FIVE!!! I have several pairs of pants that I need to pull out as motivation too. Great idea, thanks for sharing your victory!
    :flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I have been feeling a little down lately because I have just hit this wicked plateau ,,,
    Huh? You're feeling down?!?! Honey, you have lost 57 %&^in' pounds!

Wear 'em while you can - they'll be big soon. You'll beat that plateau. Great job. :happy:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: It's totally just as good! YES!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I had almost the same thing happen to me. I used to have some jeans that fit me when I weighed about 10-15 pounds less than I do now, so I didn't want to try them on until I got to that weight. But one day I just tried them on and they fit! (I was about 5-7 pounds heavier than I am now when I decided to try them on..)

I said all that to point out that working out and developing muscles really really makes a difference even when they scale doesn't show it! Congratulations on getting into your goal jeans!! :drinker:
  • GumbyAnne
    GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It is funny how I thought of them as a goal back then and now that I am in them I feel nowhere near done (I'm a size 12, looking to lose at least 20 pounds more) but back then it seemed like such a big goal and I didn't dare hope for any better.

So if you are just starting, take heart! Slow and steady, you will get there!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great Congrats!!!
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I think that YOU are frickan AMAZiNG! Congrats Girlfriend!! Keep up the good work.. I'm gonna do what you did...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!