Quick, easy, nutritious(ish) festival food.

Am going to a festival next weekend for four days and need some ideas for food.
I have a small stove to cook on..I used to eat noodles or pasta pots that your pour hot water into but they are really high in sodium and I want to avoid them as best as possible as too much salt is a nightmare when it's hot and you are hungover.

Fruit is a must and some bread, can I have your ideas please? It doesn't have to be really tasty and calorie content isn't important as I won't be tracking, just needs to fill a hole.
I'm also travelling there by train so food needs to be as light as possible!

Replies

• beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Pre cook chicken - then heat on the stove. Canned veggies. Snack type veggies (celery, carrots, etc that you can pre chop). Cheese. Nuts.

A lot depends on if you are able to keep things cold.
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    I love Luna Bars (they are very tasty nutrition bars for women) - they travel well and are filling. Also, dry roasted edamame is a great source of protein. Kashi Go Lean Crunch is good for protein and fiber.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    You dont get luna bars and kashi cereals in the Uk, to my knowledge, so not much use if the op is British. It is not just Americans on here, lol.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member
    beer
  • tcox23
    tcox23 Posts: 1 Member
    At the last camping/music festival I went to, I made a black bean salad and brought tortillas to eat it in. Some else in our camp brought peanut butter, bananas, and hot dog buns. We spread the peanut butter on the bun and put in 1/2 of a banana. It was a really good breakfast! Oh and if you drink coffee, I brought sweetened coffee in an jug to drink in the mornings over ice.