Daily Multi-Vitamin

Options
mmsilvia
mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
I take One A Day for women but, I was wondering what everyone else takes? Do you take one? If not, why? If you do, what kind do you take & why?

Replies

• runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I take a gummy multi vitamin. Just to cover my a** but I am probably wasting the $9 since I likely get most of what I need in my food.
  • kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I take Women's Daily multivitamin with minerals. I am a vegetarian and want to make sure I am getting everything I need...especially the iron!
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I take a gummy multi vitamin. Just to cover my a** but I am probably wasting the $9 since I likely get most of what I need in my food.

lol ~ that is exactly how I feel. But, for some reason I keep taking it...lol
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a mens one a day vitamin. This is mainly because I am going the low carb route and thought I should take one to help fill in any gaps in my vitamin intake.
  • bkweibel
    bkweibel Posts: 77
    Options
    I take Women's Ultra Mega Energy and Metabolism from GNC. Only taken it a few days now, but wow I can already tell the difference!
  • skinnynerd
    skinnynerd Posts: 110
    Options
    I take Centrum Multi-vitamin - under 50 years old. My doctor said it was the best multi-vitamin on the market. I asked my daughter's pediatrician for a recommendation without telling her about the Centrum. The same words came out of her mouth as my doctor's.
  • CaSome11
    CaSome11 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I take Prenatals. I am not pregnant, but I am hoping to be soon and it was recommended to me. This way I am getting extra folic acid and iron (I am anemic). Before that I was on One-A-Day Women's, then Centrum A-Zinc. I like to switch things up. I use it to "cover my *kitten*" as a previous poster said. :laugh:
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I take Multivites Gummy multivitamins. I hate pills. :blushing:

I tried taking a Woman's One-A-Day for about a week, but it made me puke every time I took one. I wonder what it was I was sensitive to?
  • jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I take Alive women's energy mostly because of the iron (even though I eat meat, it seems my iron levels aren't as good as they can be)...I eat tons of fruits and veggies so I'm probably pretty well covered.
  • fieryred0424
    fieryred0424 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I actually take Flintstones vitamins. When I was pregnant I couldn't take prenatals because I couldn't keep them down and so my OBGYN told me to take Flintstones. And I can't keep down regular pill vitamins so I just take Flintstones! lol
  • denise032
    denise032 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    @jschmidt - Were you eating a full meal when you took the vitamin? Vitamins are pretty harsh on your tummy if you haven't eaten in a while and can cause severe nausea which may be why you puked...

I take Centrum Energy in the morning with breakfast. Recommended by a few different doctors who take Centrum as well. :)
  • BBoros
    BBoros Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about taking vitamins myself. This is some good ideas.
    :smile:
  • Maagrie
    Maagrie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I take gummy vitamins. I've heard from my doctor that they aren't the best vitamin I could take. But, I am more apt to take them(like candy) than trying to down a pill(yuck) so I figure I'm on the positive side. I think I get most of what I need from my food, but just covering the bases.
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    I take Ultra Mega Gold for sensitive stomach from GNC. I love them
  • pondwater41
    Options
    I actually take Flintstones vitamins. When I was pregnant I couldn't take prenatals because I couldn't keep them down and so my OBGYN told me to take Flintstones. And I can't keep down regular pill vitamins so I just take Flintstones! lol

i also take Flinstones.
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition's multi's are decent, they make gender specific ones. (Opti-Men, Opti-Woman etc)

The ingredients are pretty solid, in terms of the right forms of given minerals and vitamins to facilitate absorbtion.

Beyond that I just supplement Fish Oil and Vitamin D
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    @jschmidt - Were you eating a full meal when you took the vitamin? Vitamins are pretty harsh on your tummy if you haven't eaten in a while and can cause severe nausea which may be why you puked...

I take Centrum Energy in the morning with breakfast. Recommended by a few different doctors who take Centrum as well. :)

I thought that might be it at first, but the next couple of days I ate it with a meal and it still didn't help. It was the only vitamin that ever affected me that way. :(