Low calorie sweets

Options
What are some low calorie sweet suggestions? I am having a hard day and only want chocolate but I know I can't suggestions PLEASE!!!!

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Small square of dark chocolate always does the trick for me. Why can't you have chocolate? Fit it into your calorie goals and have it if that is what you absolutely want.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Right now I am loving Ghirardelli Intense Dark Twilight Delight - 72% Cacao. Individually wrapped, 55 cals per piece, and satisfies my chocolate craving.
  • sarahjay1
    sarahjay1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Eat chocolate if you want chocolate. I buy the Hershey's Special Dark mini bars...40 calories max and just great as a treat. You can put it as a garnish on frozen yogurt, too.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    100 calorie packs, they have tons of chocolate choices.
  • joy5877
    joy5877 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I love the Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters!
  • cmorris0283
    cmorris0283 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Blue Bunny - Sweet Freedom Fudge Lites No Sugar Added Bars 35 calories each! yummo!
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yup, I just go for chocolate. I like chips because then I eat them slower and savor them more
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    it's not chocolate... but when i really want something sweet/tart, i have grapefruit tic tacs! less than 2 cals per piece. if i want chocolate, i just have a little bit and give the rest to my hubby :wink:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Why can't you have chocolate? Fit it into your calorie goals and have it if that is what you absolutely want.

Seconded.
  • dellrio
    dellrio Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Pears, peaches, watermelon, bananas, Blueberries, strawberries, etc.

If you must have chocolate ( I am a chocoholic - so I have to try to stay away from the stuff ) get some good quality dark chocolate and eat only one small square per day.
  • jpoulsen2
    jpoulsen2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    whenever I'm craving sweets (candies, pastries, all of it), especially late at night, I grab a handful of blueberries or cherries or grapes. sweet enough to do the trick, and being able to eat so many little pieces makes it feel like a good snack!
  • TA0128
    TA0128 Posts: 9
    Options
    lly do not like dark chocolate! I know I can have it but when I do I usually blow my whole day and I do not want to do that!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    chocolate pudding cups I don't remember which the fat free or sugar free but some are only 80 calories
  • TA0128
    TA0128 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks everyone GREAT suggestions.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I love the Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters!

Agreed! ANYTHING Skinny Cow chocolate. Yummmmm.
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    jello sugar free or fat free chocolate pudding...60 calories and also no sugar added frozen fudge bars are yummy 40 calories!!! :)
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    or this with chocolate pudding powder- found it on the recipe forum
    Ingreds:

1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (45 cals)
    1 tbsp SF FF Jello Pistachio Instant Pudding mix (16 cals)
    1/3 tsp vanilla extract (4 cals)
    1 cup ice
    1 packet Truvia

and the secret ingredient to make it creamy and not icy...

2 tbsp plain FF Greek yogurt!

Throw into a blender and whiz away. SO delicious! Makes one big shake :)

ETA: This is actually vaguely reminiscent to a shamrock shake...I'm sure if you put a drop of peppermint extract/oil or some fresh mint in there it would taste JUST like one.
  • KHReeves
    KHReeves Posts: 1
    Options
    My favorite is mini York peppermint patties. They're 50 calories/mint. I'm a chocoholic, and I find that snacks that are soley chocolate (min hersheys, choc chips, etc) drive up my craving and I can't stop, but the patty gives me a little chocolate, and I'm good. Of course I have to hide the bag from my kids...
  • rescuemomma
    Options
    If you deprive yourself of something you truely want you will just keep picking at stuff trying to satisfy your craving. Go ahead and have a small piece and satisfy that craving now. :smile: It's ok!
  • LyssaMarie120
    Options
    love to make my own treats so i know exactly what im getting, these are yum and so are peanut butter and chocolate cookies.
    http://ovenlove.blogspot.ie/2012/02/peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-chia-bites.html