Emotional Drama Drain

Options
So this week has not been a great one for me. I didn't eat for two days other than some protein mix and water. :(
It has been an awful week for me and I'm really hoping my weekend sets up a new tone for next week and I can
get back on track. Going to pick up and re-do week 3 of phase 2 of the P90X lean program.

Why is it that when bad things happen and you are emotionally stressed out to the max that it drains all energy?
Yet very little sleep when I'm so tired all the time. :(

Replies

• pferde01
    pferde01 Posts: 16
    Options
    I know the feeling :( It's so hard to get energy back after something stressful. Advice that I was given recently is to a) give yourself a break - don't beat yourself up and b) start with small goals. If you don't feel up to doing a full workout, start with a walk or something else. That way getting "back on track" doesn't seem so insurmountable when you're down in the dumps.
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    This whole week has been one thing after another. Really hoping when we travel to Tahquamenon tomorrow that we just have a relaxing good time. Going to the falls and having lunch at my favorite brewery :) And taking our 1 year old to see the falls for the first time. I want to leave today but my husband's work has everyone working a mandatory Saturday. Grrr!
  • pferde01
    pferde01 Posts: 16
    Options
    Just saw this (no notifications sucks!) - are you in Michigan? I'm in the lower peninsula but my heart lives on Mackinac Island where I spent four summers in my early 20's. Hope you had a relaxing trip and get to enjoy your fourth of July.
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I live in TC. Have for most of my adult life, grew up in Mancelona/Bellaire. I haven't been to Mackinac since I was really little and my husband has never been there but I am determined to take him there this summer with the kids. Our weekend was fun at Tahquamenon. :) Very relaxing and some of the best conversation the husband and I have had in a long time.

And yes, I agree . . . I would like notifications as well. Even just one email a day with a summary would be nice. :)
  • KLD81230
    KLD81230 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I live in TC. Have for most of my adult life, grew up in Mancelona/Bellaire. I haven't been to Mackinac since I was really little and my husband has never been there but I am determined to take him there this summer with the kids. Our weekend was fun at Tahquamenon. :) Very relaxing and some of the best conversation the husband and I have had in a long time.

And yes, I agree . . . I would like notifications as well. Even just one email a day with a summary would be nice. :)

I grew up in TC (Lake Leelanau) and have been loving in Colorado since 95 when I graduated from high school. :) I spent my summers at Mackinac - we lived on a boat in Harbor West when I was growing up (I went to elementary school at Pathfinder, so it was just a hop-skip-jump to drop me off at school from the harbor) and used to boat up there for weeks at a time. I also long to take my husband and kiddos up there sometime. Before kids, I took my husband to S. Manitou for some weekend camping to relive some of the time I spent there as a kid, too.

Ahh... what great memories from skimming these posts! Thanks!