At home workouts??

Options
I want to work out but I'm stuck at home, I've never had to work out besides at the gym so I am loss what I can do here at home. Any suggestions?

Replies

• LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    What about DVDs? Also if you have comcast..they have a fitness section on demand
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have a few dvds that I LOVE. The Physique 57 workouts (at home) kill me.. and I love how I can feel I'm building muscle from them, too! Plus, they are all low impact if you need that sort of thing, but challenging regardless.
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have a Kinect and bought Your Shape. I also do free weights with dumbbells, yoga and run in place. Just be creative!
  • StatHaldol
    StatHaldol Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I have an exercise stationary bike and Bodylastic resistance bands...works for me...
  • violetsue
    violetsue Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love Julian Michaels and P90. Great full body toning and conditioning DVDs. No time for the gym.
  • HizGoddess
    HizGoddess Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I guess it would depend on what your goals are. Weight loss? Toning? Full body transformation?
    I have done P90X, Turbo Jam and am currently doing Insanity. I also have Ten Minute Trainer that I picked up for those days when I just don't have much time. So if you have any questions about any of those, I would be more then happy to answer them.
    Good luck with whatever you choose!!
  • cassaliz
    cassaliz Posts: 16
    Options
    I have 3 kids so I can't ever get to the gym either. I say Jillian Michael's DVDs all the way! I've been doing the banish fat boost metabolism for 5 weeks and have had great results.
  • r3ban1x
    r3ban1x Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com has a large selection of workouts they've put together you can use for free. The ones I've used have been challenging but there's no music just a narrorator talking you through while the model does the workout with you.
  • rgshudson
    rgshudson Posts: 5
    Options
    Exercises DVDs, Wii Fitness is fun and easy, sometimes when walking upstairs i do lunges - e.g. skip every second step :smile:
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I spent $5 on a yoga mat, $5 on two dumbells, and I workout everyday to 30 day shred or yoga. My endurance and strength have been building up and I feel amazing! Not bad for cheap equipment!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFit?feature=watch

30 day shred is on here, along with some other free videos.

hulu and netflix also have some.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I would recommend P90X(90days/6days a week) for resistance & body composition, although you can do it with bands, to get the best from it you need weights & a pull up bar - it is a very comprehensive program, with elements of cardio, yoga & stretching. The "days" usually run to around 60mins give or take a couple of minutes either way. This system is so well presented & very modifiable, with "easier" examples & tougher options presented for each exercise.

TurboFire is fast & furious BUT mostly fun cardio, the discs have innumerable options, from short fast w/outs upto combinations of w/outs, I can't emphasise enough the aims & methods used are a lot like Insanity BUT with fun thrown in for free :) Great beats & a lot of fun.

Insanity(60days/6days a week) is a lot of football drills & jumping, a dedicated following BUT I really can't see why, the discs run to just under an hour, are really tough but IMO boring & repetitive & injury prone :(

An all round great is RushFit(60days/5days a week) an MMA inspired w/out with great pedigree. It is 5 x 5 minute rounds with a minute rest in between. Seven discs that run at 45 mins each. Circuit training with mostly bodyweight & a few light weights used, really tough & great fun. Although the "days" do accentuate different body parts/areas, this is really a full body conditioning series. A bit drier than P90X, less fun than TurboFire but it doesn't suffer from this, it is all business.

All times include warm ups & cooldowns.

Russ
  • sozzell
    sozzell Posts: 166
    Options
    Bodyrock 30 day challenge! I started it yesterday :-)
  • bandenna
    bandenna Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If you have Netflix, there are some great DVD's you can use like Pilates, and some Kickb Zumba or Cardio workouts. If you have a blue ray, you can also youtube some workouts. It's easier than buying a DVD :)
  • tdcibilly
    tdcibilly Posts: 78
    Options
    i have got a wii with few fitness games plus i have got a turbo trainer i go on iton my bike and watch tv or just listen to music
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire. :)
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    I'm with Beezil I love TF but if you're on a budget, just use YouTube. Fitness Blender's videos are my personal choice.
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Bumping as I need ideas as well for strength training.
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    When I work out from home I mostly use DVD's. (Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred & Killier Buns and Thighs, Turbo Jam, Billy Blanks, Belly Dancing, Pilates, Step Aerobics and Weights). I also love my Wii (Just Dance 2&3, Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort).