Always Hungry

Options
I am finding it hard to stay within my 1350 calories per day...I am always hungry! Its 1pm and I am famished even though I just had lunch an hour ago. Here is what I've had so far today:

Breakfast: Cereal (Alpha Bits) with 1% milk and a glass of water
Snack: Large mandarin orange
Lunch: Chicken wrap with lettuce and red peper

I still have like 800 calories but I just don't see how I am going to stay under when I still have to make dinner for my family (sloppy joes and salad) in FOUR hours!!!!

I'm trying but the scale isn't moving!

Replies

• breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    You can do it!! And your body will gt used to it, but it want s the junk back!!!! Stay strong and keep carrot sticks and celery on hand!! No dips, also lunch meats are a good light snack, they are high protein low cal! I had a hard time at first and now cant eat enough to fill my 1400 cal/day. Give ur self some slack and try filling up on water
  • kingnatalie
    Options
    Stay strong. I try to have 3 snacks a day, and 3 small meals. Doing this allows me to stay within my calories and not become hungry. If I become hungry I have a piece of gum of a small snack (apple, 100 calorie snack pack, jello). Planning low calorie meals also allows me to stay within my calorie range for the day ( I only get 1200 a day plus any exercise calories I earn). If you feel you just cannot stay in your allowed calories then plan on exercising at some point so you can earn the extra calories you have consumed.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    This may not work for you but it does for me. On the days when I have cereal for breakfast I starve all day. When I have a larger breakfast, I seem to stay fuller through the afternoon. I like to have one egg, two slices of turkey bacon and a high fiber english muffin with some sugar free jam. Hope this was some help. Good luck.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Eat more calories for breakfast. The calories should come more from protiens and fat. Try a cereal that has 4 or moe grams of fiber and less that 8 grams of sugar. Add some slivered almonds. Also if you use milk, don't be afraid of whole milk. It's more filling. I use vanilla soymilk, and I find it very filling and it tastes really good.

Here is a thread about how much you should be eating for breakfast.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/70751-breakfast-info-for-dieters-and-atheletes
  • jiminoregon
    jiminoregon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! If I have to eat within my calorie allotment I'm always hungry. The only thing that works for me is to walk 3 miles every day at a brisk pace. This allows me an additional 648 calories and makes life bearable!

Tamelab has a point also...eat breakfast like a king...lunch like a queen...and dinner like a pauper...

Jim

219725.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I am finding it hard to stay within my 1350 calories per day...I am always hungry! Its 1pm and I am famished even though I just had lunch an hour ago. Here is what I've had so far today:

Breakfast: Cereal (Alpha Bits) with 1% milk and a glass of water
    Snack: Large mandarin orange
    Lunch: Chicken wrap with lettuce and red peper

I still have like 800 calories but I just don't see how I am going to stay under when I still have to make dinner for my family (sloppy joes and salad) in FOUR hours!!!!

I'm trying but the scale isn't moving!

More fiber and protein will help give you a fuller feeling.
    Cereals usually make me really hungry, so an egg breakfast, or even oatmeal and blueberries beats regular cereal anytime.
    If you exercise, it gives you higher numbers, that's all it took to get ME exercising, since I was also hungry most of the time!
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I ended up having a 100 calorie snack and tomorrow I will make myself a better breakfast!