Anyone else running the Peachtree Road Race?

Options
jsjaclark
jsjaclark Posts: 303
Is anyone else running the Peachtree Road Race (aka The World's Largest 10K)? If so, what is your start group and how many times have you run it?

I am in group H. This will be my 17th time running it. May be the hottest starting temperature on record.

Replies

• bnaile
    bnaile Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Corral E...second year.
  • jsjaclark
    Options
    Guess we are the only two on MFP. Have a good run. Hopefully it won't be too hot/humid until after we run.
  • ndlauren
    ndlauren Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm running...start time apparently didn't submit correctly though, so I'm in Wave S (should have been Wave C :(). Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to it! Have a great race!
  • jsjaclark
    Options
    How did it go? I did reasonably well considering I haven't run in 6 months. It wasn't the hottest or most humid Peachtree either. It was actually quite nice considering the temps we have had. And today, only my calves are sore.
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I did the race yesterday, it was my first, and won't be my last. It was a very last minute decision as we didn't think we were going to be able to go and we were able to purchase a couple numbers off of someone at the MARTA station that had some friends drop out. I was pretty proud of myself considering I had not done any training prior, I pretty much walked the whole thing anyway, I finished in 1:30, which is think if pretty good for a first time walker!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I missed it this year, would have been in B, I have done it 7 times, first one in 85.