need sugar!

Options
friday i was icing a cake for my nephew's birthday and for just a second i lost myself and tasted a bit of the icing. since then, im on a sugar craze. im craving everything sweet, pasta and bread. its driving me crazy!! the problem is that my willpower seems to have gone on a leave of absence i really dont know what to do!
any input? is this all psychological or could it be something else? i mean, its always possible that im just looking for excuses for my lack of control, but its like a monster has taken over and i would really like to be in charge of myself again.
thanx,
sara

Replies

• golddogs
    golddogs Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The same thing happens to me too. If I avoid it, I am fine. As soon as I get a taste, I crave it like crazy. I just try to avoid it until the craving passes, and it usually does pass!:smile:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Accept that you're craving sugar. Really, it's okay.
    Step 2: Go to closest store and buy a pack of gum.
    Step 3: Chew like there's no tomorrow.

Gum has saved me several times from binging on really fun things like ice cream, cheesecake, etc. It's even helped curb hunger with a few glasses of water. It should help take the edge off. My favorite flavor is Zing by 5 Gum. Solstice, by the same brand, is also nice if you need a fresh breath feel.

HTH, and I know you can resist the temptations at hand!