Why Am I Always SO COLD After My Workout?

Options
Gooday Folks,

Just curious if any of you have some suggestions for why I get SO COLD about 30 minutes after I workout? Is my lympathtic system having a meltdown or what?
On a related note, I notice that the parts of me that carry the most fat (belly, thights, bum) are physically cold and sweaty during/after workouts.

What's the deal??

xo

Replies

• lmustoe
    lmustoe Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I get that too, right now I am freezing. I walk out in 90 degree weather with a hoodie on lol. I don't know why it happens but it does. Maybe someone knows why...
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Google it and you'll likely find articles about it. From my understanding, while you're working out, your body is working hard to cool you down. Once you stop working out, it takes a while for your body to STOP trying to cool itself, even though the need disappears fairly quickly. So, you cool down too much for a brief period.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    For me, a small snack soon after the workout helps a lot. Even if it's a simple as a banana and a handful of nuts or something simple. Different people are different, but it might be worth a try.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    In addition to what omma said, here is another article that explains it.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/461846-my-stomach-is-cold-when-running/
  • LucyFordxo
    LucyFordxo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I get that too, right now I am freezing. I walk out in 90 degree weather with a hoodie on lol. I don't know why it happens but it does. Maybe someone knows why...

Seriously. I spent the rest of the afternoon in a fluffy lulu hoodie and pants on!!! :tongue:

Thank-You folks for the links!!!! I definitly came home and ate lunch right after my workout (cuddled in a hoodie!) so..I guess layering it up post work-out is the best solution!!!

buuurrrrrrnn baby burrrn!!! :glasses: