C25K

Options
sdtjwp
sdtjwp Posts: 28 Member
Hello everyone! I am going to be starting week 3 on C25K but because of the weather and having a 3 year old (with no one to watch him), I am having to walk/jog in place for the most part. Do you think that this is going to hurt me? I would really like to run a 5K and it doesn't seem like I am having issues with running, it is just that I cannot run outside without someone watching my little guy. What do you think?? can I do it with running in place??

Replies

• buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    what about taking him in the stroller? That could be an option....you may not get to go as fast, but at least you would still be working the program. Also, do you have a local Y or rec center that has an indoor track? Maybe they have child care while you work out.....
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I would guess that it's going to be more difficult doing it like that. There is a c25k program specifically for the treadmill. buckeyegirl has some good ideas.
  • girlonfire15
    girlonfire15 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    While it's certainly better than nothing, you would get much better results by actually running. If there's absolutely no time you could squeeze in a run, I'd either invest in a treadmill or a running stroller.
  • sdtjwp
    Options
    Thanks for the good ideas so far. Unfortunately, he is at the age where he doesn't want to be in the stroller...but if I was running, he may be more inclined to stay seated...
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the good ideas so far. Unfortunately, he is at the age where he doesn't want to be in the stroller...but if I was running, he may be more inclined to stay seated...

My son is 2.25. He will happily sit in the stroller or the bike trailer as long as we're moving. He only gets antsy when we stop!
  • sdtjwp
    Options
    My son is 2.25. He will happily sit in the stroller or the bike trailer as long as we're moving. He only gets antsy when we stop!
    [/quote]

Yes, my son is exactly like that!! :-) I am hoping that I can try this!
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

THIS
    My daughter will be 3 in August. Acts like a stroller at the mall or store is an electric chair. But if it's the jogging stroller she is in heaven. Or the bike trailer. I guess she likes the wind in her face??

I got a cheap used jogging stroller off a bulletin board. It's great. I prefer to run without her - but I'm thankful to have the option!