Weight Loss Before Surgery Tips Needed!

Options
Hi all,

I have 58 days until I go in for major spinal surgery, and in that time I need to lose weight fairly quickly.

I'm looking for tips on what could help me lose the weight without starving myself, because that's not going to do my body any good.

I've been eating healthily and exercising regularly, and I have seen some gradual weight loss which is awesome. I just need to lose some more so I'm not at risk under general anaesthetic.

I've been asking lots of people for tips and general advice on this, so if anyone on here can help, it will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Kay - 23, UK

Replies

• Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    If you need a quick loss without being unhealthy, maybe try low-carb. Cut out pasta, rice, and bread as much as possible- if you are going to eat those things, go for whole wheat/ whole grain/ high fiber varieties. Limit your carbs to fruit and yogurt (for the probiotics). Also drink tons of water. Supposedly drinking tea, especially green tea, helps as well. Personally, I like to combine green tea with a flavored tea, and I don't add milk or sugar. Cut out any other beverages.

If you're already on an exercise routine, maybe add just 30-60 minutes of walking a day. Also, if you've been doing the same exercise every day, try switching it up if you can.
  • Giniac
    Giniac Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Up the intensity of the cardio if you can, get even more of a sweat going on.

Like above said, switch to wholegrain foods. You don't have to necessarily change the amount of carbs you're getting, concentrate more on lowering the amount of fats you're getting, this should help with those few stubborn lbs.