Anyone know???

Options
Hi Anyone know a website or a store where i can get a bicycle for a man who weighs about 500 pounds. I am looking into one for the hubby and he wants to ride with us but he needs a bike. I know i will have to spend a few bucks for one but hes worth it if i can get him out and exercising with us. thanks

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    He weighs 50 pounds or are you looking for a bike that weighs 50 pounds? Try ebay, at this time of year you ought to get a great deal! I bought to expensive brand bikes of there a few years ago and was happy with everything!! Happy peddaling!!
  • steph1499
    Options
    sorry i meant 500
  • wesw
    wesw Posts: 5
    Options
    I found this site: http://www.supersizedcycles.com/?gclid=CMGMzbD-pJ4CFSUsawod2ia4lg

You could also look into Surly bikes (their big dummy model (cargo bike) says it has a load limit of 400lbs)--they might be able to help or point you in the right direction. Maybe their Long Haul Trucker can carry more.

You might also look into a trike, maybe even a recumbent trike. Recumbent bikes are great because they generally have many gears (it's more about spinning (good cardio) and less about mashing (too hard on the knees) the pedals).

Check out your local bike store (not department store) to see what they suggest.