Uneven!

Options
Spanaval
Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
I'm starting to see some muscle definition in my arms (yes, you need a microscope, but it's there), and noticed a difference between the right and the left. My left is much better defined. I didn't think it would happen because I'm using dumbells. Speculation as to why this happened, and advice on what should I do to even things out is appreciated.

I'm right handed, but tote my 30 pound toddler by the left arm. I also notice that I tend to get DOMS in the left, but not the right arm from my workouts.

Replies

• bigbrownbear123
    Options
    Strange that you are noticably more defined in your left arm despite being right handed. Could well be the carrying of your toddler (if you do it a lot).

That last part of your post suggests to me that maybe you've not been working your right arm hard enough. Does your right arm burn during your workout? Try increasing the weights you use.
  • ggilberth
    ggilberth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have had the exact same thing happen to me. But I noticed after a while that the form/movement in which I lifted the weight in my left arm was better than in my right. I have no idea why, but it was just always more controlled. The only possible reason I could come up with is that I'm right handed and so I use my right arm for a lot of things and so it's angle variation is more, so is more flexible therefore, has a tendency to sway to compensate under the weight.

But that is an utter guess lol.

If that's not it, then either way, it's happened to me, who the hell knows why! lol
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about going heavier on the right arm to see what that does. I have an old elbow dislocation in the right arm, and am wondering if I'm subconsciously favoring it. Need to be more aware of what I'm doing, I guess.