Ladies, I need assistance. What do you do when...?

Options
it's THAT time of the month? Grawr!

..... yeah I said it......

I don't know about you, but my appetite goes through the roof, and I become a junk food craving bottomless pit.

I feel like it's okay to cave into the cravings, but my problem is the binge. I'm a binger, always have been, always will be. Is this something that is okay to do? After all of my Health education, it's the one thing no one really talks about.

What do you do? Tellllll me pleeeaaase!

Replies

• tonyote40
    tonyote40 Posts: 30
    Options
    I am a huge, I mean huge binger around my time of the month. I just try to only keep healthy foods in the house, so that if I do binge, it isn't on chips and cheese (my weaknesses). Also water, chug the water, whenever you find yourself staring in the fridge. It is a total battle, but giving into your binge, can sometimes set you back, and you feel like crap afterwards. Good Luck! Just remember hands off the chips!
  • kb_CG_wife
    kb_CG_wife Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I totally pounded a massive plates of cheesy nachos and salsa last night.......
  • ichellebereel
    ichellebereel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was just discussing this subject with my daughter this morning. I have to have me some black walnut ice cream with salt n sour potato chip mixed in it (a crazy craving but I can go without it). When that happen whatever calories I consumed, I work off the calories at the gym or other cadio.
  • arw4
    arw4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Usually I let myself have one day per TOM where I eat whatever sweets I want. If you stick to your limits the rest of the days you won't gain any weight.
  • jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It's loaded cheese fries for me... Horrible, I know. I give in about every 2 to 3 months. Luckly, I am extremly regular and start on Mondays, so it's easy to not give in because I workout Monday evenings. I have learned the hard way that if I want to go Zumba (which I almost always do, particularly on Mondays) I had better eat right. Its the freaky months I start on a Friday or Saturday that I give in. But I ALWAYS eat a salad first so I dont eat the whole plate of loaded fries.
  • kb_CG_wife
    kb_CG_wife Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I think I'd like to start the old rubber band around the wrist trick. Pull and snap when the "bad thoughts" start taking over ;)
  • thisisjl
    thisisjl Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Make a bowl of jello. You can eat lots of it and very low calorie!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I notice I tend to want to eat more, and so I do. I don't gain at all though. You know that it takes 3500 cals to equal 1 lb? As long as you're counting calories you should be fine to snack on whatever you want provided you stay under your weekly allotted calories.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of water and other healthy liquids, I have the occasional blip, but nothing too major. Rather than a change in my appetite (I usually tend to eat less, oddly enough) I find I have a pretty lackadaisical attitude towards exercise for the week, especially cardio.
  • angelb1983
    angelb1983 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    haha....I laugh because I came on here to post this same topic....but you had already done it, thank goodness :) Last night I was out of calories and watching reruns of cake boss with my kids. Chocolate cravings were crazy. I dont even try to fight them (I know I should but it's usually a lost cause anyway)so at 9pm I was baking a white cake with chocolate icing mmmm. I need to start saving more calories for late evenings when I'm more likely to cave into these cravings.You always know I have a bad day when I dont close my food diary ;) Well today is a new day...I know I have to make it to the gym because I need every last calorie I can get
  • kacinace
    kacinace Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I up my cals on here - from lose 1.5lb/week to lose 1lb/week....and use those cals for my cravings. Still lose weight!
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    I don't experience this problem. Just remember why you're on MFP and refocus the urges into something else. Go work out.