snacks before a workout

Options
What do you snack on before a workout to give you energy?

I usually go for a banana but looking for some different alternatives that will give me a boost during my workout.

Replies

• tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I eat an apple, but I was looking for the same advice, maybe something with protein?
  • the_one_ring88
    Options
    My trainer over the summer told me that a banana is the perfect pre-workout snack. I'd say they work great from experience!
  • dangerkitty2001
    Options
    Sometimes I have a cup of no-sugar-added applesauce :smile:
  • lindsay0311
    lindsay0311 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Some people may think this is weird but a lot of times I eat a chicken breast...just plain. It is only 120 calories, has tons of protein, no fat and no carbs...can't beat that and it keeps me fueled and full longer after the workout is over!
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    I find eating some sugar or carb gives me the boost for workout. I would usually have fruits or the K90 bar.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I eat at 4:30 every day a can of tuna, with light miracle whip. Sometimes I add bread, it has to last me till 8 pm when I get home from the gym . its a great snack for me!
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I train in the morning so it follows breakfast..I currently eat a couple pieces of organic ww toast with walden farms jelly and a serving of BCAA 1-1/2 hours pre workout.