Obsession with the scale anyone?

Options
How often do you weigh yourself? Don't lie people, lets keep it 100. lol. I know some people who weigh themselves several times during the day or are obsessed with the ounces on the scale. Some people once a week. Fess up, do you have an obsession with the scale?

Hi. My name is Kathy Pannell and I am a scale-a-holic. I will weigh myself about every 2 days and usually in the morning. And yes I do let the ounces bother me from time to time...well...most of the time...well...ALL THE TIME!

What's your story?

Replies

• lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    My Name is Debra, and I am a super sale-o-holic. I weight myself at least 3x a day...sometimes more. I only take officially it once a week on friday mornings....when I am loosing it is very motiviating, when I am not loosing just try harder to get better numbers.
  • SandraBro03
    SandraBro03 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When I first started losing weight, I was obsessed with the number on the scale, because that was the only way I could gauge how much weight I had lost, but after losing 22 lbs, the number on the scale is less important. My clothes are fitting much looser and I've gone down a size and I've lost inches. It's awesome! If it works for you, then weigh yourself as often as you want. I went to a dietician and she recommends weighing once a week. It actually is more exciting because you see more of a change after a week then you do when you weigh every couple days. Take care!
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    LOL! When I dieted before I weight myself several times a day. But this last time I started dieting I told my self at the most I can weigh myself every 2 weeks. For my first weigh in it was 3 weeks later and I had lost 17 pounds. I'm glad I waited. The higher the number the more happy I am.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Because I know that I get obsessed with the scale and I will get very down if I'm not losing BIG numbers every time (I know you shouldn't lose it too fast, but I forget that when I step on the scale) I usually only weigh myself once a month, except on special occasion like today was.
  • mesathinks2002
    mesathinks2002 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Every morning, same time with nothing on.

Serves two purposes, first it's an accurate weight since the conditions are always the same.

Second I see myself in the b-day suit right after. Now that's enough motivation to get me through to the next weigh in :happy:

I don't think of it as an obsession though. My scale is decimal and I only expect to see point something come off and it almost always does.

Keeps me honest.
  • boomersooner806
    Options
    Hi! I weigh myself about 2-3 times a day. In the morning with nothing on, afternoon with nothing on, and right before I go to bed with nothing on. I am definitely a scale-a-holic! I try to motivate myself to NOT weighing myself several times a day, but at least try to go once a day and then pull myself away from it until I can do it once a week, but I haven't been able to get there yet. I'm also obsessed with that number after the decimal. It drives me crazy sometimes! Just know that you're not alone! :)
  • tzvishear
    Options
    once a week is the way to go. a healthy amount of weight to lose is between 1 - 2 pounds per week. slow and steady is the way to go.
  • the_one_ring88
    Options
    I'm guilty! I weigh myself about 4 times a day....it's bad, I know. I keep telling my mom to hide the scale from me but she wont.
  • dangerkitty2001
    Options
    Ugh I try not to do it more than once a day, but sometimes my obsession gets the better of me. At the very least I step on the scale first thing in the morning.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Personally the best way for me is once a month. I both weigh and measure the 15th of each month. I find that I don't get discouraged as much. My weight fluctuates very easily so everyday weigh ins just don't work for me.
  • jillholleysmith
    jillholleysmith Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I threw my scale away and only weigh at the gym.
  • a00link
    Options
    Weekly, but I'll be weighing in tomorrow I think (instead of Friday like normal) because of the holiday. Then I'll weigh myself again on Friday like normal and see what kind of adverse effects Thanksgiving has done. I don't expect any problems honestly since I'll be likely being in my goal ranges anyway on Thursday. But I get antsy to check to scale too from time to time, so this is my excuse.
  • lcroslin
    lcroslin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Okay, I weigh almost every day. I have a scale that shows weight, and water and fat percentages. This helps me so I can see if any additional weight is water or not. I used to drive myself crazy worrying about it, now if my weight is higher and my water percentages are higher than normal, I know what's going on.
  • Biggestloserfan
    Options
    I weigh daily. The number bothers me tremendously. I tried weighing weekly but I am obsessed and have to know what it says daily. I let it emotionally affect me if I don't know what it says. I weigh in the morning right when I wake up.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I weigh myself first thing in the morning and last thing at night and record each of these weights.......I've been doing this since May and it works for me.:bigsmile:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I weigh few times per day but trying to break that habit but so far it has not worked for me lol
  • Grate
    Grate Posts: 71
    Options
    Every single morning, first thing, with nothing on. That way I can control my weight much better. I think gaining can get away on a person and after all this hard work of losing, I will do everything in my power to keep it off and if that means getting on the scale god everymorning, so be it.
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    Yes, I am obsessed! Every morning in the buff (after emptying bowels), in the evening after a workout (again in the buff), and finally before bed time.

The official weigh in I take into consideration is on Saturday morning. Yes, I know I am loosing inches as my clothes are no longer fitting, esp at my arms and hips! But it's satisfying to see a lower number on the scale, isn't it :)
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Nearly every day in the morning in the buff. Just once a day, though.
  • falloutgal58
    Options
    I weigh myself at least twice a day. Once in the morning, upon waking, and once before I go to bed. Sometimes I weigh myself in the late afternoon also!!! I do freak about the ozs. Crazy?