HUNGRYYY!

Options
Hey guys! So I have updated my dinner for today. Im looking at it and feeling a little sad. I feel like i get so hungry at that time and I don't know how to stop feeling hungry because Ive been so good at not going over my calories! Any advise?

Replies

• MandiS80
    MandiS80 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    drink lots of water... that helps fill you. Or eat carrots or something like tha
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    A. You still have 253 calories left. Eat them
    B. Hardly anything you eat has nutritional value. This is why you feel hungry.
  • twiztc
    twiztc Posts: 135
    Options
    i can drink water till i'm fit to pop.. dont make me feel less hungry. :((
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, there is not one fruit or vegetable. These wholesome products have natural fiber that sustain fullness longer. I personally would switch to fat free milk or something like almond milk. FYI: I buy regular cheerios and pour in vanilla flavored Almond milk and it taste just like Honey Nut Cheerios for a lot less calories. The several teaspoons of sugar are not the best

Just implement more natural foods and I think you will notice a difference in your hunger pangs. Just my opinion. Good Luck
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    B. Hardly anything you eat has nutritional value. This is why you feel hungry.

agree with this. switch out some of that bread and cereal with more protein and fresh vegetable and fruits.
  • Josieimdoinmenow
    Josieimdoinmenow Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thats what I was going to say.. for sure water... but i have this problem too.. Dinner and night is my WORST time!!! I saw this show that said eating a lot of something low calorie helps make you feel more full... like you body knows if you eat a huge lettuce and vegetable salad with light dressing verses a handful of cookies for double the calories... like the volume of the food makes you feel more full too.. It worked for me tonight... I had snow peas (4oz) which is actually quite a lot and not many calories and I feel more full than after eating my dinner that past few nights..(even though I actually at more calories those nights) so maybe try adding something like that along with your meal and see if it helps... ( carrots, califlower, lettuce, tomato, cucumber) like an entire cucumber is like 45-50 calories and really helps to fill you up!! GOOD LUCK!!
  • ruthmiriam
    ruthmiriam Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, there is not one fruit or vegetable. These wholesome products have natural fiber that sustain fullness longer.

This is just what I was going to say...eat a lot more veggies and fruit. For the amount of calories in the fries you had with lunch, you could have had a giant salad with a lite vinaigrette for both lunch and dinner, which would fill you up more. Substituting some of the high calorie, low nutrient foods for low calorie, high nutrient foods would let you eat more throughout the day. And be good for your health.
  • jpfrimmer
    jpfrimmer Posts: 134
    Options
    I agree with everyone on adding more fruit and veggies to your diet. Also, don't drink your calories...if you must drink soda, opt for diet, but it would be better if you just went without. Eat more whole foods instead of processed. Eat more foods that have a higher fiber and protein content, that will keep you more full. I usually eat between 1600-1900 calories a day and I am always stuffed and very satisfied. Lastly, get in those 8 glasses of water a day, more if you can! Here is a list of foods that I incorporate into my diet on a regular basis:

Egg whites
    Chicken breasts
    Ground Turkey
    Shrimp
    Pork chops/loin
    Lean ground beef
    Beef sirloin (on occasion)
    Cottage Cheese
    String Cheese
    Greek Yogurt
    Skim Milk
    Laughing Cow Cheese