first workout and in severe pain!

Options
So I recently joined a gym and they are running a biggest loser type contest...I did my small group training yesterday which really wasn't to bad but then i did my individual with another trainer right afterwards...i felt good when i came home very accomplished now today my calf muscles hurt so bad that i can barely stand flat footed let alone walk..anyone have any suggestions on how to get this pain to let up.....i really want to get back in the gym but it's hard when i can barely move!

Replies

• lorarock
    lorarock Posts: 29
    Options
    Heat +/or ice packs.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    A bath in epsom salts. Massage your calves even though it will hurt. Go for a short walk at a slow pace to try and loosen them up again- even just 5 mins around the block. When I tense up a slow walk will loosen it up.

Yes the walk will hurt, but in a way that will make you feel better.
  • brittany0322
    Options
    i have pretty much had heat on it and been trying to do some flexing of my feet to stretch the muscles so they don't get stiff its just frustrating!
  • brittany0322
    Options
    thanks for the advice i have been massaging as well and although it's not fun and hurts i'm hoping that when i wake up tomorrow it will feel better so thursday i can get back in the gym....