I love working out with a trainer!

Options
I have the big buff guy at the gym that trains me one way, my Friend has the super strength flexi girl training her a different way. then we workout together and share the training, tonight we did my killer leg workout from My Big buff guy. I love sharing !

Replies

• DancerT
    Options
    Would love to hear your workout plan - would you mind sharing? What do you do on a weekly basis?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    nice. That's AWESOME. I wish I could afford that. I do the next best thing, I researched multiple training types and try to kick my own *kitten* a few different ways each week. I'm going to get my personal training cert, then I'm going to offer my services as a specialty trainer for baseball players. Since I've played my whole life and pitched my whole life, I'm intimately aware of what muscles a baseball player needs, and what types of strength and improvements they need to make. It's a little exciting actually.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I love working out with my trainer too and the price is right with him, only $35 an hour. My whole body shape is changing and I have some muscles peeking through where there was only flab before. I then take the pointers I get from him, focusing on form and working to muscle failure and do my own workouts in between
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    nice. That's AWESOME. I wish I could afford that. I do the next best thing, I researched multiple training types and try to kick my own *kitten* a few different ways each week. I'm going to get my personal training cert, then I'm going to offer my services as a specialty trainer for baseball players. Since I've played my whole life and pitched my whole life, I'm intimately aware of what muscles a baseball player needs, and what types of strength and improvements they need to make. It's a little exciting actually.

I suspect you are well aware of this, but, if not, you might find it interesting:

http://www.drmikemarshall.com/
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

I suspect you are well aware of this, but, if not, you might find it interesting:

http://www.drmikemarshall.com/

oh yeah, I have seen his articles before. I'm not a huge fan of his technique though. He stresses some interesting angles of delivery. While most of the pre-delivery stuff he teaches is well within the norms, his angle of delivery is more sideways than many professional pitching coaches teach, and while it is effective, can put some strain on the elbow and forearm if not done perfectly. This technique works well for short relief pitchers, but as a pitcher tires, and their muscles warm up over the extended innings of a starting pitcher, the muscles loosen up, and the possibility for dislocation and hyper-extension increases dramatically. I generally stick to the main stream with regard to leg kick and post-delivery, it allows for more normal force release on the rotator cuff and decreases the chance of accidentally hitting the hip or leg with your arm after release (which can cause your elbow to dislocate, or broken wrist).

He's good, no question, but at least for now, I wouldn't feel confident in teaching others as his techniques are very specific, and I wouldn't want to hurt someone by incorrectly teaching it to them. Plus, I won't be teaching mechanics anyway, I'd be focusing more on strength, agility, balance, and lateral motion (all very important in baseball). Some day maybe I'll feel confident enough to go into mechanics, but right now, I'll stick to what I know works. Thanks for the website Azdak, I had never seen any of his pitchers in high speed slow motion before, that was very interesting.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Cool!! I just became a personal trainer and it sounds like you got a good one! Have fun! :bigsmile: