Chicken anyone?

Options
commkrista3
commkrista3 Posts: 31 Member
Looking for some quick chicken recipes. Getting a little sick of BBQ'd chicken. Help a girl out!

Replies

• emmab852012
    emmab852012 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Chicken made with creme of chicken soup with whole wheat rice...
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    For quick I use rosemary and garlic and bake. For quick to prepare (not cook) throw it in a crockpot with a jar of salsa.

Tonight I baked a chicken breast, steamed some broccoli and put a serving of Classico Light Alfredo on top. Very tasty.
  • mispotatohead
    mispotatohead Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    pull and add sauce for bbq sandwiches
    stir fry with fresh veggies
    season with taco seasoning and serve on a big bed of lettuce with salsa and a dab of sour cream (LF Or FF if you like) for dressing.

For a whole chicken I like to crinckle about 6 balls of foil in the bottom of the crock pot, season the chicken and put it on top - don't add any water and cook on high for 4 hours. If it's really hot I put the crock pot outside so it doesn't add heat to the kitchen. The possibilities are endless.
  • imlik
    imlik Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I cut it in little pieces, cook it with some pepper and chili powder, then use whole grain tortillas, spinach and tomatoes to make chicken soft tacos. If I have the calories for it, I add cheese, sour cream and salsa :)
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    montreal steak spice, then grill them

or make a honey mustard sauce, brown the chicken in a pan, then bake chicken with sauce and a little cheese

or cook right in your spaghetti sauce

or crock pot with bbq sauce for some pulled chicken on a bun

or cut into strips, dip in ranch dressing, then in seasoned bread crumbs and bake at 425 for 20 min or unitl done for some homemade chicken fingers
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    light italian dressing sprinkle a little nutmeg and parmesean cheese on top and throw in the oven until it is done. It's pretty good.
  • therfc
    therfc Posts: 11
    Options
    Cilantro lime chicken:
    The link below has an exact recipe using chicken breast. I prefer thigh and similar portions work with boneless or bone-in thigh, but I would make a little extra dressing and separate it from the amount used for the marinade. You can intensify the flavors by dressing the warm chicken with a little of the dressing (especially if you have very little time to marinade the meat).

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/cilantro-chicken-10000001157819/
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options

season with taco seasoning and serve on a big bed of lettuce with salsa and a dab of sour cream (LF Or FF if you like) for dressing.

Awesome idea!! Will have to remember this! I've also just baked small breasts (usually Purdue perfect portions) and then throw a little bit of shredded cheese on to melt for a few minutes and then top with salsa and sour cream
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    With boneless breast or turkey filet::::::

Cut in half (but not all the way) and fill it with goodies such as spinach, feta, sweet red pepper.... or asparagus, swiss cheese.... or what ever you feel like... and tie it with a cooking cord.
    To add taste, you can put a lil dressing while on the BBQ!
  • dianniejt
    dianniejt Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I eat chicken probably 5 times a week and I never get bored. I have a whole bunch of ways to season it then I either bake it or grill it.

Low fat salad dressings. I like Raspberry Walnut, Asian Toasted Seasame, Italian and Balsamic Italian
    Mrs Dash
    Yoshidas Original Gourmet Sauce
    Lemon Pepper and Garlic Salt
    Dry Ranch dressing mix
    Dry Italian dressing mix
    Montreal Steak Seasoning
    Moroccan Spice (I can't find the recipe for that but you could google it maybe)
    Red Robin Seasoning
    Franks Red Hot Sauce

I also eat a lot of salads with chicken on them. I use taco salad and buffalo chicken salads for lunch a lot