250 pounds to lose.

Options
Hello all! I have been poking around here for the last few days and just wanted to say hello! I have been big my entire life, with the exception of 2003 where I lost over 150 pounds on Atkins and then ate a McChicken and gained all my weight back and some. Over the years I have tried and tried with no success. Why is it so much harder this time? I'll lose 50, gain 75, etc etc. This time I am really motivated. I struggle with food still and getting the motivation to exercise, but I am determined this time. I am to the point where I find it difficult to walk or stand for a long period of time so that is pretty scary... but I actually went out and bought a treadmill! lol

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and meet some new people! Thanks for listening :)

Replies

• MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    Hi! I'm new around here too (sorta). You sound motivated so just keep that momentum, you got this!
  • readyforthejourney
    Options
    you can add me if you like....Its really tough to be ready and motivated...and you have done that so you are off to a good start!
  • LucyFordxo
    LucyFordxo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Ah. I lost a lot of weight lastyear and also put it back on, you are not alone.

WELCOME and keep at it! I've been back to MFP for five days now and it is SO motivating and empowering. You have some fantastic things that motivate you-don't loose sight of those because it's about the quality of your life.

Feel free to add me as a friend.

We're so happy you could join us!
    xo
  • Octopies
    Octopies Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yay! Having something in your house like that makes it so much easier- I know if I had a treadmill here (I'll have a whole gym when I go back to school in the fall!) I'd be on it every day for the sole fact that I don't actually have to leave the house!
  • ChristieStearns
    ChristieStearns Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You are more than welcome to friend me, I am happy to chat and support you in your journey! I need help to keeeeeeep going!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. Remember that you do not need to exercise to lose weight. You lose most of it through eating right. Buy a kitchen scale. It will be your best investment. When I started back in November I couldn't exercise. Years of being morbidly obese have taken a toll on my knees and hips. But after 50 lbs down I started walking, at 75 lbs down I joined the gym. I am now up to 40+ minutes on the elliptical cranked all the way to 20 on resistance.

Try breaking down your loss to smaller amounts. It doesn't seem as hard to have the first goal at 50 lbs and then 100 lbs. It really helped me get this far. If I started out seeing 200 lbs to lose it would have been so much harder especially on the months with fewer losses. But it was great to hit 50 lbs (I rewarded myself with a fitbit) and then 100 lbs (I rewarded myself with an iPad) now to come up with a 150 lb lost goal to give me the next milestone to meet. Find rewards that mean something to you. Don't use food or a "cheat" day to reward yourself for a good job. You will only have to lose those pounds over again. It is not worth it.

Just a note that if you have not seen your MD recently you might want to start with that. Best to be safe when you first start out with the exercising.
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You can do this, just focus on a life stylestyle change not a diet. Take little steps in your food choices like more fruit and veggies and base your food around fiber dont be afraid of good carbs stay away from the white stuff. Good luck you can do this. I also did the atkins diet and lose 80 lbs and gain 40 back now am doing it the right way. You can add me if you like.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Hiya...

Glad to see you making another attempt instead of sinking in to resignation.

Having a treadmill at home is fantastic. We got an elliptical about a month ago, and aside from an unrelated injury I absolutely love having the immediate access. Though it was unplanned, it is presently in the kitchen, talk about your great reminders to eat healthier.

If you need another friend, feel free to include me, though I do tend to be on the quiet side.
  • wiezinthejuice
    wiezinthejuice Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It really helps with the added support of people who are trying to do the same thing whether it's 10 pounds to lose or 300.
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! :happy:
  • MsPrada
    MsPrada Posts: 8
    Options
    I can relate, have over 100 pounds to lose.... but I keep reminding myself to take it one day at time! Just do your best for THAT DAY and look no further. Sometimes it's easier to stay on track when you see the "small picture" as opposed to the big!

YOU CAN DO IT!!

Feel free to friend me!
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    I know that you can do it. In the past two years I've lost 206 pounds. I'll be glad to be your friend and support you. :smile:
  • tejano714
    tejano714 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend ! I want to lose about 150.

Mark
    Pharmacist
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Welcome. I hope you will follow the meal/calorie guidelines put forth here on MFP. I know how it is to lose, then gain back even more and it's usually from not eating enough when you are dieting. Your body thinks it is starving while you lose the weight, then when you start eating your body thinks it must store every single calorie you take in. So, even if you are eating healthy, you will still gain weight. I truly believe the concept here. Lose slowly with a small daily calorie deficit and it will come off. Along the way, you learn healthy habits and when you reach your goal, you will continue to eat healthy and your body will love you.:bigsmile:
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You are not alone.. and you can do this! Hoping third time is the charm for me. I started out this time needing to lose 140-150 and am almost half-way there! Cheering you on!!!!
  • StarlaAgain
    StarlaAgain Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is a great place. I've lost and gained and lost and gained too. This is my second time here. WE just keep trying? Right. Good luck and feel free to add me if you'd like :-) Starla
  • emancipateurself
    emancipateurself Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good look on your journey it's a tough long road but it is so worth it!
  • emancipateurself
    emancipateurself Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    *luck lol
  • SithChicky
    SithChicky Posts: 74
    Options
    I'm new here too, I have a good 75-100 lbs to lose, feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • SithChicky
    SithChicky Posts: 74
    Options
    Welcome and good look on your journey it's a tough long road but it is so worth it!

wow, I noticed your ticker and played stalker for a sec on your profile, AMAZING difference in you! I can't believe you're the same person as the pic that says 360. Wow! Good job girly!