NSV -pushups for first time in 6 yrs!

Options
I haven't been able to do a pushup for over six years.

Last week, after failing for days, I finally—BARELY—did one, but it took everything I had. I kept doing that one nearly-impossible, excruciating little pushup every day until...today, I found that I can suddenly do four of them fairly easily! Now I know that I am on my way to adding more and more over time.

Keep working hard everyone!

The little things (even our failed attempts) often add up in ways that surprise us when we least expect it.

XOXO

Replies

• cberridge1987
    Options
    That's fantastic, well done! I don't think I've ever done a real push-up, I probably could have done one 6/7 years ago, but never actually tried. This is now my new target! One, single push-up!
  • girlonfire15
    girlonfire15 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Push ups were a big step for me too. If you're interested in working on the, check out the 100 push ups program.
  • LadyAmy20
    LadyAmy20 Posts: 137
    Options
    congrats, that's great! :)
  • dobberloon
    dobberloon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Push ups were a big step for me too. If you're interested in working on the, check out the 100 push ups program.

Is that on MFP?
  • girlonfire15
    girlonfire15 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Here's a link:

http://hundredpushups.com/

It's great because you can really adapt it to your level, whether you can only do one push up or fifty. And they have one for sit ups and squats too in the links on the side.
  • timeforsomethingsweet
    timeforsomethingsweet Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    This is a great NSV!!! I bet you're so excited =) I can only do about 4 unassisted full-body push-ups but Im working at it. Good for you!!!!
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    i agree, a month ago i couldn't do one and now i can do 10. practice = more pushups!
  • NannersBalletLegs
    NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement and info, guys! Feel free to add me if you like. We can all keep tabs on each other's pushup progress! :)
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! I know I am struggling with that still, but I am stoked you attacked that push-up and showed it who was boss!
  • j2tyco
    j2tyco Posts: 42
    Options
    what a GREAT victory and SO inspiring- thanks so much for sharing with us! Congrats!!!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Terrific! Hard work does pay off. That first one is the hardest. You're rocking now!!!!!
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Fantastic - congratulations - and inspiring! I'm now going to make that first one a major goal...big things have small beginnings. :)
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! You'll be the Pushup Master in no time. =]

5499814.png
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Nice! I'm working on getting there myself :)
  • murdie
    murdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Awsome! Congrats.
  • biglew909
    biglew909 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    AWESOME. Now, you can start to sing cadence while you crank them out, military-style!
  • Stinaa91
    Stinaa91 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    wtg!
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Started with modified ones back in Jan/Feb...tried doing the regular ones about 2 weeks ago and realized that if I took a minute after each 10 I was able to do 30...YES 30!!!!
    You guys have no idea how amazing it feels to conquer something you have NEVER been able to do before!
    Keep at it...it'll come!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!