Hi, I'm new too!

Options
I actually started a weight management plan last Fri. Last weekend was the first weekend I did not go up in weight by Mon. When I weighed on Mon I thought "well, well, maybe now is the time to get really serious. So then I was told about the fitness pal and here I am. I think it will be nice to talk to people who are doing the same thing too. SW

Replies

• mrsgiffin
    Options
    Hey! Im new too! I have been just using a calulator to keep up with my calories and it has not been working very well. I found this website yesterday and fell in love with it, especially since its free. The weekend is my hardest time too. I do so good during the week but then the weekend comes i don't workout and I eat really bad! I know how you feel.
  • priceless
    Options
    Welcome!!! MFP is not only fun, but informative and it works if you work it. We can all do this and succeed.
  • buddy35
    buddy35 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Just started yesterday. Have a big birthday approaching next year and I really need to do this now. I have 35 pounds to loose so fingers crossed and hopefully this time I will make it. I am allowing for a weight loss of a pound a week so last chance.
    3601 Posts: 2
    Options
    Actually I just wanna say Hi Im new also.
    Lets hope this works.
    last month a joined a jym, brought a new bathing suit and all. I reallly liked it and planed on going everyday! What do you know last week I hurt my foor going to the ortho on the 30th. Go figuare.
    Well least cant be that bad or I would seen right a way.
    I just walk a little crocked.(sp)
    I am going to start riding my home bickle bike tonight.
    But then again I tried to do that everyday. But I didnt. Have to do that I really have no excuse.
    Ah and drinking is very hard for me.
    I do bring a bottle to work every day, I only work parttime.
    I have started rolling on a big exercise ball so hopefully that is some stretching?

P.S I have a lot to loose, I said a pound an a halve a week would be nice then I go another 20 and so on. Last too days it said I had a lot of calloriese left over.
    Any ideas for meals that you can through into a blender that come out good. I do drink store brought liguid meals in the morning, some times carnation or other genetic things.
  • christykowen
    Options
    I am also 40 something. The thing is if we dont lose the weight now when would we? I am thinking I am wasting some really good years being more than I should be, I guess you could say... Anyway I have lost quite a bit this past 14 months ut have had trouble staying motivated and pushing the envelope. Good Luck any success will draft you along.
  • ebh1024
    ebh1024 Posts: 186
    Options
    We have about the same to lose...we can do this together. I have a friend that has lead me to this site and she has been very successful. I find the calorie counter very useful. This is my 2nd day and so far so good. My motivation is a new inground pool!!!!!!