My 30 day shred results!!

Options
jessthib09
jessthib09 Posts: 32 Member
Hello everyone!
Today was my last day of the shred. This was the first time I did any workout DVD ever! I found the workout challenging at first for me but I could feel when my endurance was improving. I had good results when it comes to the scale and measurements but I do not see any difference. :indifferent: I think I am going to move on to Ripped in 30 days next and hope for more of a change :) I wish I would have had this motivation before summer was here lol oh well I just have more time for next summer :smile:

Enough with the babbling! Here are the results:
Day 0
SW: 198
Chest (bust): 44 in
Waist:38 in
hips: 44in
Thighs: Right: 26in Left: 24.5

Day 30
CW: 187
Chest: 40.5 in
Waist: 35 in
Hips: 43 in
Thighs: both 23

For a grand total of 11 lbs weight loss and 13 inches lost!

I just want to say thank you to all the MFP members for supplying motivation and tips! This is an amazing group of people on this site. THANK YOU!! :happy:

(I have never posted on MFP or any message board so bare with me :) Thanks)

PicMonkeyCollage.jpg

I know it is hard to tell with the black tank so I uploaded a bikini pic from friday.

24dayshred.jpg

Replies

• onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Amazing losses all over! Great job!

Try img in small letters instead of caps
  • jessthib09
    Options
    Thank you!! and thanks on the tip for the pics!!
    I appreciate it!
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Very good!!
  • leenabeana1
    Options
    Nice results! I am definetly going to try 30 day Shred and work my way to Insanity!
  • jessthib09
    Options
    Nice results! I am definetly going to try 30 day Shred and work my way to Insanity!

30 day shred was a perfect beginning workout. I have bad knees and was able to get through it by using some of the modified moves. My boyfriend is currently doing insanity and I don't think I would be able to do it because of my knee problem :( but you should do it for sure.. a lot of people get amazing results!

I think you will like it and it is only 27 minutes so its easy to fit in. Good Luck!!
  • alikonner
    alikonner Posts: 67
    Options
    I am on day 2 of the 30 day shred and this just totally motivated me to keep going!!!! You look wonderful!!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    The changes are noticeable. Congrats!
    I'm getting that DVD next week.
  • purebliss24
    Options
    great job. that is amazing loss in inches. did you do it everyday or take breaks? did you do anything else with it? i started last week for the 1st 4 days but then stopped for our long weekend to restart today. wasn't thinking i'd take such a big break but was happy i restarted today. congrats, again!
  • csk112784
    csk112784 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    so what exactly is the 30 day shred? i've never heard of it...
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    You look great. Your belly is smaller. I think your boobs are as well.
  • turbogirl4christ
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • TOPSrainee
    TOPSrainee Posts: 47
    Options
    Great results! I think this would be too hard for me right now, but perhaps after I'm in a bit better shape I'll give it a shot.
  • findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You can TOTALLY see a difference...great job!:happy:
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Great work and great results! I'm on day 2 of 30DS. Very Inspiring
  • akirkwood16
    akirkwood16 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    so what exactly is the 30 day shred? i've never heard of it...

Its by Jillian Michaels. The female trainer from the tv show The Biggest Loser. Its a Ciruit Training excerise video. Its about 25 mins long and have 3 levels of intensity. You start at level 1 and work your way up to level 3. You complete it in 30 days and by day 30 you should be at level 3.
  • jessthib09
    Options
    I am on day 2 of the 30 day shred and this just totally motivated me to keep going!!!! You look wonderful!!

AWW thanks! I never motivated someone before!! Keep pushing through it! Day 4 is the toughest in my opinion from being sore and not wanting to move but once day 4 is done I promise you will feel way better :happy:
  • jessthib09
    Options
    great job. that is amazing loss in inches. did you do it everyday or take breaks? did you do anything else with it? i started last week for the 1st 4 days but then stopped for our long weekend to restart today. wasn't thinking i'd take such a big break but was happy i restarted today. congrats, again!

Thank you very much! I did it pretty much everyday. Out of the 30 days I took 3 days off due to an injury and sunburn (Im a baby when it comes to sunburn lol) but other than that it was everyday. I just did 30ds to get my body used to exercising again. I could tell as I progressed my endurance got better and I had more energy so I should have done some extra cardio. Someone mentioned on MFP that Jillian suggests doing shred for 2 days, day cardio, 2 days shred and rest day. Im glad you picked it back up after your break! Usually thats the toughest part after a break (in my opinion :) ) Well keep up the good work and you should see results sooner than you think! :drinker:

Oh P.S. I counted my calories.. I did 1200 for the first 2.5 weeks then I stopped loosing so I uped my calories to about 1400 and began losing weight again.

Good luck and thanks again!!
  • jessthib09
    Options
    Thank you everyone! You do not know how much I appreciate it! I was kinda sad at my results today because it did not seem like much. I just have to remind myself it is only 30 days and the start to a healthier life :) I hope all the new 30 ds people push hard and are happy with the results! Thanks again! You all made me feel better and not want to throw in the towel.

MFP members are the best! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!