Anyone use Zumba on Xbox kinect?

Options
We just got our first Xbox with kinect last night and it came with Zumba! Does anyone do this on a regular basis? If so, how do you log it on the exercise part? I've attended Zumba classes before and I loved it! So I am hoping this will be just as fun! Also for anyone that is going to tell me that I need to do "real" exercise, I am starting a "biggest loser" program at my local gym on July 9! Thanks everyone!

Replies

• amk864
    amk864 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I dont have the xbox I have the wii and I love it! When you do a full class at the end it will tell you how many calories you've burned. Look at the clock before you start. There are three different class lengths so the time will vary. I think you'll enjoy it. Please let me know
  • amylou1977
    amylou1977 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I want a xbox with kinect for some fun movement
  • IdRatherBeReading
    IdRatherBeReading Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have it for the Wii and just log it under Dancing, general. I am surprised they do not have a Zumba catergory on there, and I do not know exactly how many calories it burns, so I have never tried to create a new one. Have fun!
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I have it for the Kinect and hate it as you really need to match the moves of the person on the screen. It makes me feel uncoordinated and a failure.

I much prefer the dancing type games or the actual fitness programs. The biggest downside of the kinect games is you get your shape on screen and if you are anything like me you look like a giant heffalump.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have Fitness Evolved 2012 on my Kinect. While I like the game, the calorie counter is REALLY off. I finally got a heart rate monitor because of the game. Game said 100 calories, MFP said 200, HRM said 400. I am comically uncoordinated so I haven't tried Zumba yet. There are a few dance segments on FE2012 and I am horrible. I can't dance unless I drink first and that kind of defeats the purpose of the exercise.
  • Brooklynhendricks21
    Brooklynhendricks21 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Haha everyone! I had it for the wii back when I lived at home while my hubby was deployed and I hated having to wear the controller! I also look like a giant blob on the screen! I started it today and only got through the warm up, because my husband walked in and I am sooooo uncoordinated, and can hardly Keep up to do the moves right that I stopped so he wouldn't make fun of me lol! Not that he would, but I'm that self conscience! I'll have to make sure I just do it when he's at work! Are there good fitness games for the kinect? I haven't had te chance to look up anything!
  • LazyHairyBear
    LazyHairyBear Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Haha everyone! I had it for the wii back when I lived at home while my hubby was deployed and I hated having to wear the controller! I also look like a giant blob on the screen! I started it today and only got through the warm up, because my husband walked in and I am sooooo uncoordinated, and can hardly Keep up to do the moves right that I stopped so he wouldn't make fun of me lol! Not that he would, but I'm that self conscience! I'll have to make sure I just do it when he's at work! Are there good fitness games for the kinect? I haven't had te chance to look up anything!

I have started using Your Shape 2012 and I too am drastically uncoordinated. The good thing about that particular game (is it really a game?) is that all routines have varying levels, I enjoy the Cardio boxing and the beginner levels start very slowly and allow you to learn the actions of the trainer rather than throwing you in full speed, only when I had got to the point I was comfortable with the movements did I move onto the next stage, which speed the routine up and add further moves to the workout. Now I am happily punching and kicking away at stage 2 and enjoying it.