Not sure what this area called or how to work it out.

Options
Jd1360
Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
I know you can't spot reduce, but as I was gaining weight, I had this one area get particularly "cushioned" and as I'm losing I'm noticing it's not going down. Much to my annoyance.

To further the irritation, I have ZERO idea what this is called. Not under arm, more like side boob? Haha!
Instead with the help of Google and Photoshop, I've created a picture!
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w282/jd1360/total-body-warm-up-exercises.jpg

So, any exercises anyone knows of? Or does anyone know what to call that spot?

Replies

• Jd1360
    Options
    Bump biddity bump bump? :)
  • bytelaw
    bytelaw Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think you're talking about the lats (latissimus dorsi). If that's the case, dumbell rows, bent over rows, and lat pulldowns are good. You can also do exercise ball pushups (45 degree angle), or use a stability ball (rest your abdomen on the ball, keeping your body in a straight line from your feet to your head, alternate holding your arms in an "I" position, followed by "T," "Y" and "W" positions).
  • AmbitionStrong
    AmbitionStrong Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Nice pic you made, BTW!
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I think you're talking about the lats (latissimus dorsi). If that's the case, dumbell rows, bent over rows, and lat pulldowns are good. You can also do exercise ball pushups (45 degree angle), or use a stability ball (rest your abdomen on the ball, keeping your body in a straight line from your feet to your head, alternate holding your arms in an "I" position, followed by "T," "Y" and "W" positions).

This, this, this, this, this!!!!!!!! I have the same problem with that area...these help!! I particularly have a love of rows and lat pulldowns! 2 of my favorite lifts.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm working on the same thing. Lats. I was told pullups work them best. I use the assisted pull up machine at the gym and it really hits that area good!!
  • Jd1360
    Options
    Ahhh! You guys are full of awesome! Thank you so much!!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    dumbell rows , push ups