Jumping on the weight loss train!

Hey MFP

Just wanted to reintroduce myself. I was on here a while ago after losing 40 pounds on weightwatchers. I found this Site extremely motivating, and it was nice to chat with others on the same journey as me.

Unfortunately, I fell away from the Site, and my weight loss goals and gained back the 40pounds, plus about 15. It's embarrassing to even admit that, but it's true. I feel horrible, and so I decided to give this another go. When I logged back on, only two of my friends had been online in the past few months.

If you can squeeze one more friend in....it'd be greatly appreciated. I'm going to be checking in daily, and would love to motivate others as well.

We can do this! Feel free to add me!

Replies

• fudie
    fudie Posts: 45 Member
    welcome back to MFP!!! it helps make changes!!! i would love to take the journey with you :) or anyone else who wants some more friends for motivation :)
  • I, too, had a weight loss and then a weight gain. I am frustrated, but continue to try. Please let me join your motivatiom team!:smile::smile: :smile:
  • Don't give up keep your head up
  • jody2807
    jody2807 Posts: 115 Member
    You are not alone i ahve also done this I was on MFP for awhile and things were going good . Then for one reason or another i lost track , but i also have found my way back , :happy: today is new day start now
    Feel free to add also the more motivation the better
  • mary34reilly
    mary34reilly Posts: 59 Member
    Thanks for your responses and your friend requests!!

The more the merrier!!
  • mary34reilly
    This Site is great really....so many people doing the same thing all over the place...

This time will be different...who's with me?
  • jinx982
    jinx982 Posts: 1
    New to Myfitnesspal. My best friend has lost a lot of weight and told me about this site. I am hoping to motivate and lose at least 20 pounds. I should probably lose more but that seems to be where I feel much better. I logged in what I ate today and I am eating double what I should be. WOW! I need to get a handle on my sweets ! I am a soda addict. Hoping I can stick with this...
  • jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    I too have recently came back to this site. Not really sure what happened... Trying it again. Anyone and everyone, feel free to add me. :smile:
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    i learned that everyone fails but the key is failing successfully and that means give it another try, keep your head up and you will be fine, the key is once you lose the weight to just maintain your weight so you never gain it back, good luck and hopefully this time around will be success
  • mary34reilly
    Failing successfully.........I really like that term....positive spin to things....

Thanks for that!! :)

Keep the requests coming, I really feel like this time is going to be different....can't wait!
  • Keep giving it another try...I like that also. This quote motivated me today: When you overcome resistance, you create the power to continually reach higher. Let's do it!!!
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Hello!!! i did the same last year I lost quite alot of weight and then put it all back on over the winter!! i have been on here for about a month now and it has really motivated me and stopped me binge eating!! Im on here most days too although Im in England!!! feel free to add me and good luck with your journey!! You can do it!!! :smile:
  • violetta88
    violetta88 Posts: 117 Member
    Hi, welcome back!! Don't beat yourself up, this kind of thing happens to the best of us. And you're right, it will be different because you obviously have the committment to make it happen.

Will send you a FR, am more than happy to be another cheerleader!
  • Having the commitment- that's right! Sometimes we must exercise intensely to produce rapid results.
  • I like that: each day is a new day- start now! I want some rewards on a personal level, and need to keep motivated. I need some internal motivators to keep me moving day by day.
  • robinkelly25
    robinkelly25 Posts: 88 Member
    Don't be ashamed! You are brave enough to get back in and go another round with losing weight! I have also struggled with my weight for most of my life. With friends and support we can do this. One day at a time! :)