Hi All- I'm new here and have a ton o weight to lose!

Options
Hi,
So I posted on a social media site that I was going to lose 100 pounds, I figured that would me accountable to myself and others. How was I going to do it, I wasn't quite sure, but I knew I wanted to start July 1, 2012. Well my friend recommended this site. And OMG how did I know know about this site before. It is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I hate keeping a journal, but I have my phone with me 99.5% of my life, and I can just scan things in. I love it. Normally I get down about 40 pounds and stop due to lack of motivation, but all the support I have gotten and this site will make it so much easier since I can look at my results everyday. I am a stay at home mom with a 2 year old so it is a challenge for me not to taste that chicken nugget or whatever, but I can do it. This app also made me realize to get to my real goal weight I would like to lose 108 pounds. So now that I am three days in, and I have lost 5 pounds, ( I know it is water weight but i will take it anyway it comes off) I can see it, this time it is for the long haul of not dieting but changing my lifestyle. I am so motivated and psyched. I have 103 pounds to go. I have babbled long enough but good luck to everyone on a weight loss journey. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• mary34reilly
    mary34reilly Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You go girl!! I love your enthusiasm!! Add me as a friend if you want....I'd love to lose with you.!!
  • MeltingCandlewax
    MeltingCandlewax Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • lauriejayne813
    lauriejayne813 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are off to a great start. This site has been life-changing for me.
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Great job!! This site has given me motivation too and inspiration from all the success stories!! Add me as a friend for even more support if you want!! I am on everyday!!
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful, positive attitude! I love MFP. I've done diet after diet but this time I know it will work b/c I am held accountable through my log-ins, etc. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I plan to be here for a very long time since I have 121 more lbs. to lose, plus I plan to be on here even when I reach my goal and am on maintenance. :)
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you got this!! Great job and feel free to add me as a friend if you ever need support and good luck!!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    So glad you made it here!!! We are glad to have you. What a fantastic attitude and motivation.
  • sfoster3171982
    sfoster3171982 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing I posted to my friends to keep myself accountable and it helps because not only do you have you friends supporting you but you have your mfp friends supporting you, When you have milestones u days you just don't want to do this anymore post it and it will keep you going. You can do it!!!!!!
  • melodiac1
    melodiac1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well! I feel the same way! About 2 years ago I lost almost 30 lbs n was so proud of myself! Now, every day I get so mad at myself for gaining all my weight plus more back! Yet, this time is for real! I am worth so much more than being obese! I love my shape but I don't like all the extra "curves" I have on my natural LADY CURVES :-} I to need all the support I can get! I started July 2!
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP .You chose the best site to join and do your journey.. There is alot of motivation and support on here.. Add me if you want.:drinker: You have a good outlook and I feel you will bring alot to this site.. Have a good eveing:happy:
  • vishk2809
    vishk2809 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Woooo! you can do it :)

Add me! Anyone add me, really! I'm also new and would love some fitnesspal friends for motivation :)
  • findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Add me for motivation if you like :flowerforyou:
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    You have made a great decision and sound very motivated. This site is so helpful and there are so many kind people on here. Feel free to add me.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP, way to go in 3 days hope you see more results in the days ahead, just keep in logging and dont go over your calories and you see the weight come off. you can add me if you want
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! Good luck luck and feel free to add me if you would like to. :)
  • Katwilkins
    Katwilkins Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    A ton is 2000:love: pounds, you have way less than that to loose:blushing: ! LOL I love MFP too! It makes it more of a lifestyle change because you can eat whatever you want as long as you watch the calories. Sounds like you are doing great, keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and I'll provide as much support as I can.
  • majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. We all need help with this journey. I have lots of weight to lose also. Great group of folks here.
    Welcome
    Margaret
  • MeltingCandlewax
    MeltingCandlewax Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It makes it more of a lifestyle change because you can eat whatever you want as long as you watch the calories.

Thanks for the encouragement, and I agree, That is why this will be a lifestyle change. I can eat whatever I feel like eating (incorporate life into it) as long as I stick to the plan I should be good.
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It makes it more of a lifestyle change because you can eat whatever you want as long as you watch the calories.

Thanks for the encouragement, and I agree, That is why this will be a lifestyle change. I can eat whatever I feel like eating (incorporate life into it) as long as I stick to the plan I should be good.
    just remember to take some epics and measurements now at the beginning I really regret not taking measurements. Esp when u starting gaining muscle and the scale slows down it can keep u motivated