My wrap was so good

Options
Mandino788
Mandino788 Posts: 226 Member
but I'm wondering if there is a way to make it even healthier.

I had:
-Flat Out spinach wrap (90 calories)
-Oven roasted turkey breast (6 slices - 45 calories)
-2% milk Provolone cheese (1 slice - 60 calories)
-shredded lettuce (handful - 8 calories)
-Yellow Mustard (0 calories)
-Low Fat mayo (1 tbsp - 15 calories)

218 calories total. It was pretty filling, I'm happy lol

I'm just wondering if there is something else I can add or something to take out to make this even better.

Replies

• profgal43
    profgal43 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Avocado is soo good with turkey and then you wouldn't need the Mayo (and skip the mustard)
  • suspaddack
    suspaddack Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make wraps a lot. I do turkey and then instead of sliced cheese and dressing, I do spinach and artichoke cream cheese (2 tbsn for 60 cal). I then add lettuce, sprouts and avocados. YUM!!
  • scorpiomfs
    scorpiomfs Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I cook up some chicken breast and mix with a can of rotel tomatoes and light sourcream. about 247 with tortila a white corn one.
  • yo_sushi
    yo_sushi Posts: 77
    Options
    I take 2 mini wraps, put some low fat marinara sauce in, some reduced fat mozzarella and some pastrami, I then put it in the panini press and cook it up like a quesadilla.
  • kkmarie11
    kkmarie11 Posts: 114
    Options
    wraps are so convenient since you can basically throw anything together to make them healthier I try to replace the wrap with lettuce if you take large leafs from romaine lettuce they are perfect to replace the wrap you'd probably end up making multiple wraps with the lettuce since you probably can't fit all of the ingredients in one but using more lettuce leaves its A LOT less calories than a normal wrap
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Avocado is soo good with turkey and then you wouldn't need the Mayo (and skip the mustard)

I would definitely do this!

200 calories for a meal is low, so I wouldn't try to subtract anything... But adding avocado in place of the mayo is making my mouth water! Also herbed cream cheese sounds like it would be delicious. Maybe some roasted red peppers.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer hummus over mayo and cucumber over shredded lettuce. You might also try the Sargento "ultra thin" cheese slices. They are around 30-40 calories a piece.
  • alexhend
    alexhend Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes on the hummus! I was going to post the same thing.
    I personally prefer hummus over mayo and cucumber over shredded lettuce. You might also try the Sargento "ultra thin" cheese slices. They are around 30-40 calories a piece.
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    yea you could add avocado, green pepper, black olives, tomatoes, sprouts, etc.! I load up my wraps and sandwiches with veggies.
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I ate one today! I put philadelphia onion and chive cream cheese, then lettuce, turkey, onions and a little bit of shredded cheese. It's good and filling. I usually use low carb wraps.

I'm going to have to try avacado! That sounds so good!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    but I'm wondering if there is a way to make it even healthier.

I had:
    -Flat Out spinach wrap (90 calories)
    -Oven roasted turkey breast (6 slices - 45 calories)
    -2% milk Provolone cheese (1 slice - 60 calories)
    -shredded lettuce (handful - 8 calories)
    -Yellow Mustard (0 calories)
    -Low Fat mayo (1 tbsp - 15 calories)

218 calories total. It was pretty filling, I'm happy lol

I'm just wondering if there is something else I can add or something to take out to make this even better.

Everyone has their own version of what is "healthy". For some, it's low cal. For some, it's "clean eating": natural foods, not processed. It just depends on what your goals are. You could swap out that wrap for a Sprouted Whole Wheat tortilla from Alvarado St. Bakery. I find them at Trader Joe's. (eating Sprouted grains is better for you than just eating whole wheat products. And compare the ingredients list and you will see the difference) You could also swap the deli meat for real sliced chicken or turkey. Deli meat is highly processed with added sodium and preservatives.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Avocado, sprouts, tomato...mmmmmm....love the cream cheese idea!