BIG breakfast

Options
Has anyone else tried this?

Eat a huge breakfast (something over 600 calories), a medium lunch (around 300-400 calories) and a small dinner (around 200 calories) and of course a couple of snacks.

I have tried this and so far this week I've lost like 2lbs (since Sunday)... Dunno if that is a because of the food or because of the change in exercise or a combination of both. I like it! *laughs*

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I just ate a big breakfast - now I don't feel so bad about it. I was thinking how to handle the rest of the day... now I have my answer! Thanks!!
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    OMG, i ATE A BIG BREAKFAST.. LIKE 1,000 CALORIES.. buT i WANTED IT.. blahh is how I feel now.. Looks like 200 calorie soup for lunch... and NO dinner
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    :laugh: My idea of a BIG breakfast would probably put most people over their calories for the day. :laugh:

I like BIG dinners, I always have... not giving that one up for anything :laugh:
  • chansurg
    Options
    Actually, someone once told me when she lived in poland their biggest meal of the day was lunch because that is when your most active. At night time your activities slow down so you burn less this is why they say don't eat after 6 as well. It makes more sense but in reality for people that work they don't have time for big meals until they get home. I think I'm going to try the lunch thing myself and see if it works.. But if it's working for you thats great, we all have to find some thing that works for us right?
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    It's "made to order" omelette day at the hospital I work at, yumm. Can't ever resist. I know it's well over budgeted cals. but who cares, I'll eat a light lunch. LOL
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I could eat a big breakfast... but I'd regret it later. I like a big, filling dinner.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Lunch is usually my big meal of the day.

I usually go 500 cals for breakfast, 600 if it's a running day.
    700 for lunch
    500 for dinner
    and fruits and veggies for snacks in between. A lot of times I even eat right before bed, GASP! Especially if I'm running right out of the rack the next morning.
  • fishtetris
    Options
    i like a high fat high protein breakfast with a lot of calories in it. It jump starts my metabolism and helps as i usually take a late lunch after i workout 3-4 hours at gym.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    What is it that you guys are eating for breakfast that is 600-1000 calories?
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    I have been eating a breakfast around 500 cal, but I also consume a banana when I wake up (before I workout). Then I have 4 other "meals" as the day progresses. Each "meal" consists of around 300 cal after that, with the last two meals being lower in carbs. In just one week I have lost 1.5 lbs.

pannellkat: My breakfast usually is 3 egg whites & 1 egg scrambled, ww English muffin, 1T natural peanut butter, and 1 orange.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    If I have a 600 calorie breakfast, 400 calorie lunch, I only have 200 calories for dinner and no snacks :noway: That won't workf or me unless it's an exercise day.
    It seems the people who are able to do the big breakfast have more than 1200 calories for the day Or exercise everyday :ohwell:
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Yes I do exercise 6 out of 7 days a week. Even on day seven I'm doing something around the house or walking the dog. :wink:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon, 2 pieces of whole wheat toast with butter, 1 yogurt and 1 banana comes out aorund 700 calories. Add in some potatoes or something and you get pretty close to 900 - 1000 calories.

It's easier than you may think.
  • fishtetris
    Options
    2-3 egg whites 2 extra large eggs 3 pieces of turkey bacon 1/2 cup shredded cheddar 2 cups of coffee. i make that into a large omelet. It is a high fat high protein breakfast. prob not for most but i lift 5 days a week. Usually it is around 500-600 calories.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options

2 eggs; 4 slices of bacon; 8 oz orange juice /whole grapefruit and coffee w/sugar = 695

2 Yoplait Yogurts and 1/2 cup of walnuts = 798
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    today I had 2 homemade smoothies (180 cal) , and a spinach and feta omelet (150 cal), which was 338 cals.
  • Emilydmo
    Emilydmo Posts: 101
    Options
    I LOVE stirring peanut butter and raisins into my oatmeal into the morning. Doesn't take long to pass the 600 cal mark once the peanut butter lid is off...