why did i eat that?! :(

Options
What do you guys do to look on the bright side when you eat something you feel guilty about?

I was doing pretty good today until I got to my restaurant job and they were having a "food show"....which is just free food the chef lays out and talks about. I was just minding my own business, eating my fish tacos, when all of a sudden a plate of French toast was put RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.

I love breakfast food. So much. It's a problem.

So I snagged myself a single piece. One piece. Two halves, if you want to get technical.

I feel so guilty. :(

Thoughts?

Replies

• nstngdll
    nstngdll Posts: 9
    Options
    The bright side? Tomorrow....do better. :) I may have just eaten a whole "mini" container of coffee ice cream. Shouldn't have even bought it-LOVE THAT STUFF TO DEATH. But like i said, tomorrow is fresh. With no mistakes in it.
  • jenkidney
    jenkidney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! It was a single piece of French toast, not an entire loaf. I'm a firm believer that you have to give in and allow yourself these "bad" foods in moderation every now and then or else you will end up binging on those foods later on. Give yourself another 5 minutes of cardio tomorrow and move on from it. :o)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    one piece! that's all!
    it could have been so much worse.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Thats about 160 calories and if you move around more for the rest of the day, maybe even fit in a short burst of exercise then you will have undone it all.
    Everytime you feel guilty about it drink a big cold glass of water, flush out the salt, otherwise just move on. You could have done alot worse :)
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I don't feel guilty about eating things I know are not healthy choices. I look at what I eat, I log it and am aware that what I eat will get me closer to my goal or further from it. For example... Yesterday, I had a Big Mac for lunch (yes, it WAS GROSS!) - just sounded good to me at the time. I ate well the rest of the day, exercised and still finished under the calorie goal.

This is my diet, I am going to eat pizza, ice cream, and cookies. Just in moderation. So I don't feel guilty eating it
  • lbecks11
    lbecks11 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks guys! Great advice! :)
  • 88josephine88
    Options
    I find if I beat myself up and go 'oh god now today's a total write off', that's when I end up binging for the rest of the day. And instead of being a couple hundred over it can climb to 1000 over, all because I told myself it was a complete f&*^-up of a day so I may as well keep going badly.
    So remind yourself of all your progress, and even if you're over your calories goal at the end of the day, I bet you'll still be losing weight ;-)
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I know how you feel. I eat something I shouldn't and feel so guilty. I just have to remember that tomorrow is another day and not to give up. When I look at how much weight I've lost I know the little mess ups didn't make that big of a deal. Just don't make a habit of it.
  • slowly_changing12
    slowly_changing12 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Dont feel guilty....everyone is allow a slip up every once in awhile.....during my weight loss journey i have learned that "once you fall get back up and try again" just keep going.......dont stop or beat yourself up for having something that you like.....the real danger is when you keep eating and stop working out and completely fall off all together........ you still going to lose weight...just remember to keep going and never stop and you can always burn off that french toast lol.