A Love Affair with Milk

I love Milk.
It is the one thing that I consider a real treat. Not Skim Milk...2% or dare I say Whole!
Every so often I treat myself to a glass or two of Ice Cold Milk in a tall glass....I just love it.
Does anyone else feel this way about this very simple drink?:heart:

Replies

• needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    I love ice cold milk, plan with nothing added to change the flavor. Try to stick with skim though, I find a glass will take the edge off my hunger.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,207 Member
    I love milk, too....but I drink skim. I have for so many years that if I drink whole milk, the fat in it tastes like I am drinking butter. :D

I even put ice in my milk to make it even colder....the colder the better.

I found a chocolate milk that has fewer calories and carbs than my skim milk....so I drink that a lot, too.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    i don't like milk, too carby.

i do like cream in unsweetened almond milk though.
  • sigma54
    sigma54 Posts: 28 Member
    I love milk (1%) especially with cereal... I find it really hard not to eat too much milk and cereal!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    nature's steroid :)
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Me for sure!! I LOVE milk. Besides water, this is all I drink. I cannot go without it. Always 2% or whole... not the skim stuff. You are not alone, friend! :)
  • :smile: Me too! I buy milk from a local farm and drink it whole and raw. Little known fact--your body NEEDS the fat in milk to process the protein. Don't feel bad about it, it's super good for you. Check out www.westonaprice.org if you need encouragment.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    I like to have 2 glasses of 0% milk in the afternoon as a treat since it curbs any hunger I may have and it's refreshing. Every now and again I'll have chocolate milk, but those are the days I burn a LOT and need the sugar too.
  • SharitaWray
    SharitaWray Posts: 25 Member
    Mmmm . . . I love soy milk - it has to be 8th Continent.
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    milk is the best!
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    I LOOOVE it.... but.. that is the one thing that I had to give up simply because I could not find it with less sugar... fat I can deal with it.. my levels are easy to control.. but sugar grows quite easy.. and a cup of milk adds 10-12 gr every time.
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Milk, it does a body good!! I get cravings for it every now and again. A tall glass goes a long way!! I get the urges right around that "time" of the month. I'll even wake up in the middle of the night to get a glass of milk. Nothing to eat with it. Nothing put in my milk either. Just plain milk. I cut back from whole to 1%....it was tough, but manageable.