My chest BURNS after cardio,Normal?

Options
2»

Replies

• kerriecragg08
    Options
    i mostly run in place, or outside, or do jumping jacks. So i think it's my lungs! =[[

If you are concerned that's what it is then you should see a doctor.

for sure WILL!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Oooo did not think about reflux...... Definitely could be that too! Burning more resembles reflux yes!
    \

No, its like my lungs are SCREAMING. like a pain burn, not like an acidic, or sharp burn... thats the best way i can describe it.

Not trying to downplay it, but is it possible you are simply over exerting yourself? How long have you been exercising? Weeks, months?

I get the whole chest burning if I run super fast for a bit (I do have asthma). Not saying its one thing or another, but if you are pushing yourself too hard, it may not be anything. Best to still see a doctor.
  • kerriecragg08
    Options
    Oooo did not think about reflux...... Definitely could be that too! Burning more resembles reflux yes!
    \

No, its like my lungs are SCREAMING. like a pain burn, not like an acidic, or sharp burn... thats the best way i can describe it.

Not trying to downplay it, but is it possible you are simply over exerting yourself? How long have you been exercising? Weeks, months?

I get the whole chest burning if I run super fast for a bit (I do have asthma). Not saying its one thing or another, but if you are pushing yourself too hard, it may not be anything. Best to still see a doctor.

lets just say, i only did 30 jumping jacks, and i about died. =/ Yes im out of shape, but that just doesnt seem right.
  • januadiaboli
    januadiaboli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Certainly sounds like asthma to me ... reflux doesn't cause quite the same "my lungs are on fire" sensation. I'd get it checked out ... Good luck!
  • cjudesaenz
    cjudesaenz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a reactive airway condition than acid reflux, make an appointment with you Doc and have a talk with him about it. Do you notice it worse on windy days, is worse outside or indoors, do u usually suffer from seasonal allergies, its been bad this year I have a butt load of patient coming in with respiratory issues. Just get it checked out, I have my inhaler with me during workouts, I dont need all the time but there are times when I do.

ADDING: Im going to stress again SEE YOUR DOC HUN!!! Over time if not controlled damage and scarring may develop and believe me when your 80 you are gonna be miserable.
  • LeeshaNichole
    LeeshaNichole Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    i mostly run in place, or outside, or do jumping jacks. So i think it's my lungs! =[[

Does it feel the same as it does when you have a really bad cold down in your chest/lungs? I'm not sure what it is but I get it too-and I hate it cause after I workout I cough really hard my chest is tight like I have pneumonia. I'm thinking it is Asthma, I'm gonna go in to the doctor next week and talk to him about it.
  • pamelagalli
    Options
    I have the same problem, tho not burning but pressure-pain. I decided it was acid reflux, too; my doctor said maybe so and gave me some medicine which seems to help.
  • lmc8774
    lmc8774 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    yes, it literally BURNS. It also almost feels like my throat swells, so mayb thats why i have SO much spit. Like a lot. I swallow, and drink water to cool myself, and that helps. I don't know! So weird, I HATE it.

You need to see a doctor. It could possibly exercise induced asthma, or exercise induced allergies, both which need to be taken seriously. Any feeling of your throat swelling is cause for concern. Not to scare you, but you need to get diagnosed and get treatment before exercising again.
  • ifonly49
    ifonly49 Posts: 8
    Options
    Yes deffo sounds like sports related asthma or as mad as it sounds seasonal asthma.... as each season changes out comes my asthma pump which really makes life so much easier.... So yes you do need to get to see your GP... Also knowing this is going to happen it will also cause panic which can also bring it on far worse than it needs to be... GP A.S.A.P...
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    sounds like acid reflux.. start taking prilosec in the mornings before you eat anything and see if it clears up in about 3-4 days. It takes a few days to build in your system so u will have to take it before you eat or drink anything and do it daily. I had this issue.

I was going to say acid reflux too, I have had recent experience of burning in my chest, tightness in my throat & really sharp pains which was much worse when I ran. I went to docs yesterday & that's what he's diagnosed I've got a months course of tablets.

If you're finding it difficult to breathe that may be asthma but that wouldn't normally cause burning (from my experience anyway).

Get it checked out properly by an expert
  • kerriecragg08
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE! i really appreciate the replies! Going to see a Dr. as soon as I can!