Hi! I'm new

Hi Everyone! My name's Amanda. I just graduated from college with a major in journalism and I've sort of been going through post-college depression :( So joining this website is actually good :D

I am 150lbs, 10lbs overweight. I wanna weigh between 135-140 which makes me healthy yet still curvier than I was 2 years ago before I gained like 35 lbs. I had always been skinny and I used to be considered "la flaquita" (the skinny one) in my family, then I went to study abroad in Paris, first for the summer and then for an entire semester, and that is when I gained weight. I also gained weight in between those two trips because I definitely ate my emotions...but I'm a bit over that now...I've decided to use other things as emotional outlets like writing, poetry, etc.

I lost 15lbs on another website last year and I needed a change and myfitnesspal is definitely the best choice! My friend recommended it and I can tell that if I would've started with this website I might have lost the weight already. In the end I want it to be about health more than looks because physical beauty is not just subjective but it also changes as you age, so you need to try to be beautifully healthy rather than just plain pretty and good looking (not that that's not bad but I don't want to make it my ultimate goal).

Anyways, if my story resonates with you or if you want to help me out, definitely add me :)

Thanks!!!

Replies

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Glad to have you join us Amanda! Congratulations on your graduation and 15 pounds. You have so much to be proud about.
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Feel free to add me!! Welcome to the site!
  • akirkwood16
    akirkwood16 Posts: 27 Member
    Welcome. You can add me..
  • slowly_changing12
    slowly_changing12 Posts: 192 Member
    welcome and congrats.....u can add me
  • niseybabe
    niseybabe Posts: 52 Member
    Welcome...Im on here everyday feel free to add me if u like.
  • mary34reilly
    mary34reilly Posts: 59 Member
    Nice to have you here!! Feel free to add me,,,the more than merrier right? :)