the drawing board

Options
nthompson
nthompson Posts: 2
edited June 2022 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone! I'm new to this discussion thing but I'm looking to lose 50 pounds. I'm at the point where I'm tired of talking about it and ready to make some changes. I've found that if my body thinks that I'm trying to lose weight it will hold whatever I eat. Does anyone have any suggestions to this problem??

Replies

• nthompson
    nthompson Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to this discussion thing but I'm looking to lose 50 pounds. I'm at the point where I'm tired of talking about it and ready to make some changes. I've found that if my body thinks that I'm trying to lose weight it will hold whatever I eat. Does anyone have any suggestions to this problem??
  • apojones
    apojones Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Stick with this program--don't cheat on entering what you eat. If you exercise, eat that amount of calories extra, just like this program says. IT WORKS--Lost 4 lbs in my first week. Also, set more short term goals to reach your long term goal. My first goal is to get back to the 195 I was at last July and to do it by the end of this July--13 lbs to go! I can focus on more intense exercise for a shorter period of time and it is not so discouraging. My next goal after that will have a weight and a time limit. I usually don't make them any longer than 3 months--its just too hard to stay focused for that long. When I first started losing weight 1 1/2 years ago, I used to have to make daily goals--this program would've helped a lot back then. Then I made weekly goal for awhile. Then I could focus for a month or longer. Be patient, but diligent! You'll find what works for you. When I get back to 195 I will have lost 42 lbs. It took from Nov. to July, lots of work and lots of exercise. Just remember, when that dessert looks good--ask yourself, "Do I want that dessert, more than I want to reach my next weight loss goal?" Of course, with this program, you have to write it down and then you have to exercise it off--WHAT A GREAT PROGRAM! If you are honest, it really helps you do a reality check at every meal. Good luck and keep us posted!
This discussion has been closed.