Push me! I need some motivation.

Options
I just updated my profile. I have actually been using MFP for a few years now. It's the best tool to use for weight management. I moved out of the city about a year ago and need a boost of motivation from my fellow MFPs. When I lived in the city, I walked to most places. I rode my bike on the bike path next to Lake Michigan and went to the beach to "play" volleyball. (I'm not very good.) Now I'm in the suburbs. I've been trying to find classes or groups to join that will help me get my motivation back but I have not found that one yet. How is everybody else doing? Are you having a problem getting motivated?

Replies

• lindaobel
    lindaobel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi kmp_bob,

I am doing P90X right now so I have a message board that i log onto everyday to log my accountability (exercise/workout for the day). This helps me alot. I am not sure if you can find a message board that does the same but it definitely helps give me a team mentality since I am in it with other people.

At the end of the day you have to tell yourself that what you are doing is for you, so if you slack off, its only you that you have to blame. You will get as much out of what you are doing as you put in. I find myself slacking off during my workouts and tell myself this to get myself going again. I basically have to kick myself in the behind and get moving lol. I hope that helps :)
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I would recommend seeing if your area or surrounding areas offer Community Education classes. Through community ed in my area, I've found exercise classes such as cardio kickboxing, zumba, fitness bootcamp, swimming, etc. They tend to be much cheaper than having a gym membership. I particularly like that my area offers "drop-in classes" where you pay when you show up, typically $3-$7 per time, so it's easy to fit into your schedule.

Good luck and keep up the great work!
  • kmp_bob
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I appreciate any and all suggestions. I would like to do some kind of blog to keep myself somewhat accountable. I will look into it. Thanks!
  • kmp_bob
    Options
    I didn't realize that this just posts to the message board. I wanted to thank both of you for the advice. I did grab one of my town's community ed. catalogs to see what kind of classes they were offering. I did find a few. I'm just not sure about the time. I would love to have one that meets more than once a week. I think I may give it a try anyway. Thank you again for your tips!