is says my calories are crazy!!!

Options
starskita
starskita Posts: 54 Member
I started in January this year, and havent been here for ages so changed my goal.
I was on 1600 cal a day.... this time i have put less exercise and i weigh abit more, its telling me to have 4500 cal a day!!!!! why so high???? Crazy

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Have you double checked all the data you are inputting? What measures are you using - kilos or pounds?
  • starskita
    Options
    everything is in Kg, as we dont use lbs here
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    What's your height, current weight and target weight?
  • mikejacobs1958
    Options
    Definetly sounds like an error there somewhere !
  • emptyplate
    emptyplate Posts: 62
    Options
    Have you checked your weight loss goal - are you aiming to gain or loose- how much you want to loose/gain by. Also, how much exercise have you imputted? make sure all the weights and units are the same unit and that you have converted eerything properly. :)
  • starskita
    Options
    current weight 96.6kg goal 65.6kg height 5 5" and light not sedentary job, 1 workout a week 20min
  • susanfrancis40
    susanfrancis40 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    wow!! It has given me 1200 which seems strange too as I have about 5 stone to lose
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Check that your goal says to lose 1;b/2lb a week and not GAIN - that is sometimes the problem
  • starskita
    Options
    yes its on lose 1 lb a week.... really weird as i said it was 1600cal last time all i changed was my current weight and exercise, as cant exercise as much coz of injury
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    Check that when you enter the weight in kilos it doesnt automatically switch your height to metres.

I tried doing a quick calulation of BMR for you there, but it wouldn't seem to let me have feet and inches for height with kg for weight.
  • stephvaile
    stephvaile Posts: 298
    Options
    everything is in Kg, as we dont use lbs here
    mine is in lbs
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    There must be something that you put in that is wrong. Recheck very carefully xx
  • starskita
    Options
    omg Melaniecheeks u were right!!!!! it had me as 5 metres 5 cm tall.... what a giant i am..lol

Stephvaile i can have in lbs on here, but we use kilos on our scales and is confusing me seeing it in lbs instead of kgs :)
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Start from the beginning. Close it, open it again, and triple check everything as you enter it.

cms/feet and inches for height
    lbs/kg for weight
    LOSE/GAIN lbs/kgs per week...

Don't eat 4500 a day...
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    omg Melaniecheeks u were right!!!!! it had me as 5 metres 5 cm tall.... what a giant i am..lol

Stephvaile i can have in lbs on here, but we use kilos on our scales and is confusing me seeing it in lbs instead of kgs :)

lol. So what is your new goal? Bet you are glad you checked...
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options

:laugh: Oh dear, i might try that myself at the weekend! :wink:
  • starskita
    Options
    Thank you all..... man if i went by that i would be huge! lucky i have done this before that i knew it should be 1500-1700 cal for me not 4500cal..lol
    :flowerforyou:
  • stephvaile
    stephvaile Posts: 298
    Options

oh right i understand now lol sorry:laugh: :laugh:
  • starskita
    Options
    my new goal is to lose close to 30kg...sorry guys not sure what that is in lb
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options

Haha you'be 16.5 foot tall!!