Scale hasn't moved...

Options
Although I'm not sure of that, because I've been scared of it for a week and haven't got on it.

BUT.. my size 22 pants are UNwearable .. due to being TOO big :) I'll take it however I can get it!

MFP rocks.. you guys are so supportive and keep me on track!

Replies

• mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Someone posted on here that the scale "is NOT your BFF", I totally believe that and feel like it is EVIL! hehe!

I quit relying on the scale to judge my progess. My tape measure is now my "BFF" so to speak. I no longer set weight "mini" goals for myself and now set clothes size goals. My "weight" is coming off very slowly and I have finally ACCEPTED that fact.

Good for you for realizing there is more to this process tha just the number on the "devil box".

Keep up the good work!
  • ImRadical4Jesus
    ImRadical4Jesus Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I agree although I weigh myself every day, I don't go nuts if I am not loosing. I have went from a size 18 to a 14 and have lost 21 pounds. Keep up the good work!
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya! I have good days & bad days. I have great weeks & not so great weeks. BUT I don't quit no matter what that frickin' scale tells me. I am not a number!
  • Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options
    Just another tip. There are other people on here who have lost up to 15lbs and have not lost any waist. If you are not doing weight training, add it into your plan. Muscle is thinner than fat. If you are not doing weight training, it could also be the shock your body needs to start burning fat again.
  • weightloss06
    Options
    If your pants are too big thats a way better indercation than any set of scales. Congrats!!!!
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Just another tip. There are other people on here who have lost up to 15lbs and have not lost any waist. If you are not doing weight training, add it into your plan. Muscle is thinner than fat. If you are not doing weight training, it could also be the shock your body needs to start burning fat again.

This gentleman here has some solid advice.

Great progress so far, but if you're really serious about your Milf goals (admirable, I must say), lift some heavy iron. Anyone can be thin, but few can be a true Milf. Good luck.

--P
  • Davelh1976
    Davelh1976 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Although the scale produces the WOW factor and almost nothing better than hitting them weight loss goals. Come to accept that they are days you will not loose weight. 2 weeks ago i done 30K and eat perfect I gained 1lb I said how could this happen? the next week i done a little less and lost 6 in nascar the winner is he who is the most consitance same for successful weightloss. God Bless
  • Redbarron80
    Options
    Glad to hear...I've been stuck on the same relative weight (within 1/2 pound) for about a week now. The progress up to this week has averaged about 3 pounds. Would like to figure a way to jump start the loss again. i have another 25 pounds to go (35 down).
  • jbrow2487
    jbrow2487 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just stepped on the scale to compare what I weighed a month ago to today, and the difference is only about 3 pounds or so. BUT! Do I feel better about myself, YES. Are my clothes fitting better YES. Do I feel healthier YES! And I've got some muscles starting to make an appearance so I say to hell with the scale, it's all about how you feel :) Great job everyone
  • owl92
    owl92 Posts: 74
    Options
    I just stepped on the scale to compare what I weighed a month ago to today, and the difference is only about 3 pounds or so. BUT! Do I feel better about myself, YES. Are my clothes fitting better YES. Do I feel healthier YES! And I've got some muscles starting to make an appearance so I say to hell with the scale, it's all about how you feel :) Great job everyone

wow well done 3 pounds is a celebration and judging by your picture your already healthy u must look amazing now because 3 pounds will show on a frame like yours :)
    well done and if you still plan to lose 3 more, next month thats a total of 6.
  • MrsSexton2013
    MrsSexton2013 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I do strength training, probably 3-4 of my 5 days a week at the gym. I used to do the express circuit, but I moved on to the big girl machines now ;) Trying to do low weight, high reps.. good or bad?
  • MrsSexton2013
    MrsSexton2013 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Devil box.. I love it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!