Need to find "creative" ways to exercise

Options
So I need a little help....I need to find some more creative ways to exercise...I don't have a gym membership (Im too cheap, and trying to save for my Wedding in 5 1/2 weeks)....I live on a busy windy road where cars speed and pedestrians have been struck so Im scared to go for walks...I need to come up with ways for me to get my exercise in....I do have a wii...Hubby just needs to hook it up for me, so I can play Just Dance and I have a Jenny MccCarthy shape aerobics game, but I cant start that until next week...so in the meantime, I need some ideas...anyone????

Replies

• tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    There are lots of websites that play free workout video's. Also you can get work out DVD's to do at home pretty cheap on Amazon. I don't have a gym membership either. Live on the same kind of road as you. So I have over the years continued to build up my DVD workout library. Over time bought hand weights, yoga mat, etc.... Turned my basement into my own little home gym. Good Luck!
  • LazyHairyBear
    LazyHairyBear Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You could just put on some music and dance around for a while, that will be fun and burn a few of those C's.
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You don't need a gym...i only recently went back to a gym, and that was only because they had a specific piece of equipment. I would look to pickup various DVD's that you like to do, and work through each set, one after the other....then settle on which ones you like the best and mix them up.

Start with something like "Turbo Fire"...really requires nothing more than maybe 3-8lb weights. Its a fun series of DVD's.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    As everyone is saying, get hold of some DVD's or search youtube for some workouts. There is so much available now that you can find something easily you think you will enjoy. Yoga, pilates, salsa dancing, street dance, ballroom dancing (It's better than it sounds) kick boxing, aerobics, legs, bums and tums, and ones aimed for the whole body.

When I can't be bothered with a full work out, I put some music on and dance. If I'm cleaning the dishes I have my headphones on and have a little wiggle while doing it. If I'm cleaning again head phones and dance around as I do it (doesn't feel like exercise and still burns calories) plus walking helps =)
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Just dance is so much fun, my daughter and I love it. :)
    As others have said, check out youtube. they have everything from kickboxing, yoga and even Carmen Electras striptease work out. Something will certainly strike your fancy lol.
    Not sure if you have a local library? mine lets you borrow work out dvds, if you dont want to invest cash in that right away:)
    Take any free moment to move, dance, jog on the spot, squat ect..... my sister strongly believes in commercial workouts. She takes that time to do jumping jacks, pushups, abs,etc. If this interests you, google body weight workouts. It will give you a good idea of what you can do using just your own body weight. its free, no equipment needed.
    good luck! :)
  • ReneeCK
    ReneeCK Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You can stream the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred online. And for the Wii... Zumba2 and Wii Fitness are great. Good luck! :smile:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Skipping rope in a carport? Jumping jacks, burpees, mountain climbers, pushups, lunges...
  • Chucksteakswife
    Chucksteakswife Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com has a lot of free videos and so does youtube.
  • Suzen2526
    Suzen2526 Posts: 1
    Options
    Rock the Dance floor instead of going to gym. It doesn’t mean to purchase discs and dance. It’s also good idea to purchase different WII games that you can enjoy on ur Nintendo Wii. Zumba Fitness, ExerBeat, Gold's Gym Dance Workout, etc are very helpful games for you. You just have to move your muscles and body in home as per beats of your favorite music. Don’t be bother, just start to enjoy this game and convert your bedroom in small Gym.

Dance + Fun = Exercise

Exercise can be FUN!