HRM vs MFP

Options
kaylz0106
kaylz0106 Posts: 117 Member
Quick q on HRM vs MFP for calories burnt.....which is more accurate? I did a 5k walk/powerwalk/jog this morning (mixing it up between al of those in intervals) I was out for 45 mins HRM says 665 cals burnt and MFP says 279...hell of a difference? my I don't watch my HR the whole time but it bleeps when I gt to 100% which apparently in my case is 197. I need educating people!

Replies

• Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I have been using mine for about 6 weeks now (Polar FT7) and I have never had a wide variance like that. The numbers I see between what MFP suggests and the HRM says are usually within 5-10% of each other- sometimes up and sometimes down. I would tend to go with the HRM but seems like settings are off on one or the other.
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    i was told to go with HRM, but that's a huuuuuge difference!!

Are you sure the age/height/weight are set up right on the HRM?

If they are, I guess going with the lower value would be the best way to avoid the 'but I burnt 10,000 calories last month, how have I not lost any weight??' issue......
  • kaylz0106
    Options
    i was told to go with HRM, but that's a huuuuuge difference!!

Are you sure the age/height/weight are set up right on the HRM?

If they are, I guess going with the lower value would be the best way to avoid the 'but I burnt 10,000 calories last month, how have I not lost any weight??' issue......

Well if I went with HRM I would burn not far off that and a lot more most probably! They must be off! I will have to reset I think....watch this space!
  • KatelinBurns
    KatelinBurns Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A 665 calorie burn could be completely accurate for 45 minutes. However, the fact that your monitor said your HR reached 197 seems fishy to me. At 197 you'd wanna die. Lol so there may be a problem with it.
  • kaylz0106
    Options
    HRM did go back becuase it died bought the exact same one also doesnt work now thinking its a shait make!