Pounds in a dress size

Options

Replies

• Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    i was 13st 13 and a size 16 botton and 14-16 top .. 5"7

now i am 10 st 8 and a size 12-14 on the bottom and 10-12 on top ...

So i look different but didnt go down that many dress sizes...
  • jaquwa
    jaquwa Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Its about 14lbs for me, maybe a few pounds more.
  • caberselli
    caberselli Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I was always told 7lb a size, but as clothes go in 2 size jumps that would be 14lb per dress size ie a 14 - 12 (or 12 - 14 if you are going the wrong way lol)

I was going to say 15 pounds for me.
    By numbers would be 2 sizes, but by actual clothing options one "dress size".
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    When I got sick a couple of years ago and dropped 23lbs in 3 weeks because I couldn't eat (due to an infected gallbladder), that's how much it took for me to drop a size.
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Options
    Myself personally I am not sure how many pounds it was. I just saw the adjustments in how my body was changing. I could weigh the same and fit a different size pants, skirt, etc. It all depends on how your body does.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    The last one 0 lbs, but I was at the bottom of a size after losing 10 lbs but still not fitting into the next one down. Then, I started lifting weights and the smaller one finally zips all the way without impeding breathing.
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Iv lost over 50 and was a UK 18 to begin with and im now a comfy 14 or fitted 12.

Wish i could have dropped one with every 7lbs haha! Everyones different :) x

I think that I was closer to the size below when I started to lose, so that's probably why it only took 7lb! I don't think the next size is going to come so easy!

Your weight loss has been great., by the way, a real inspiration!
  • KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It was about 20 pounds before I realized I fit into an 18. It may actually have been less because I started in a very tight size 20 and went to a comfortable 18. Now I'm a comfortable 16 but can squeeze into a 14 if I inhale and don't breathe. It doesn't look pretty, but I know I'm close to fitting in them. :laugh:
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I started at a size 22 and am now in a size 10, inching toward and 8.

It also depends on what stores you're talking about for sizing, IMO. That 22 was at CJBanks, which I believe would have been a 24 at any other store.
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hard to say from size to size. I have lost 67 pounds and have gone from a size 16 to a size 4.
  • mrstom09
    mrstom09 Posts: 5
    Options
    mine is definately about 20 pounds or so.

I have lost 46 pounds but have only gone down 2 dress sizes.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I was a size 22, now I'm a 14. So that's 4 sizes down and 78lbs... So about 20lbs per size for me! I'm 5'10" though so I think height plays a major role. :smile:
  • LisaB55
    LisaB55 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I agree that it may depend a little on your body type and your weight loss pattern. I am right at 10 lbs so far and haven't really dropped a whole size. I never wear dresses and mostly wear knit tops/sweaters, so the only gauge I rally have is my pants. I have a couple of pairs of 20s that were fairly tight that are pretty loose now. I suspect I could get into an18 depending on the brand and cut of the pants, but I will wear what I've got until I just can't anymore since I am not planning to stay at those in-between sizes.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    iv lost 13lbs and no size's but I was busting out of my clothes just refusing to buy bigger lol my clothes all fit me better now
  • jillybean0123
    jillybean0123 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    30 for the first dress size, 15 for the next. 50 pounds down and not quite 3 dress sizes :-/
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it took me forever! I had to drop a good 2 stone/28lb before I could get into the next size down (size 16). This pattern has continued through my weight loss - steady loss, then all of a sudden my clothes are massive on me. Very strange.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm losing a lot from my stomach, hips, and thighs so I've gone down 2 sizes in 15 lbs. I was top end 14 and now I fit comfortably into some 10s and a little snug into others. I'm also starting to have to walk like a gangster in my work pants. They are 38s. I need to dig out my old 36s because they should fit me again.
  • atlmom
    atlmom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    for me it depends on where you started. i can wear the same size for about 15lbs at the high point i am now. in addition, it takes awhile for me to "feel" it in my clothes and on my body. in my 20-30's it only took about 2 weeks to feel the change. in my 40's it takes about 4 weeks. which is really bad-it's one of those motivation things that keeps you going.

so i'm down about 8 pounds in my first 3 weeks of doing this-but i don't expect to feel it until another few weeks.
  • Ladyeliah
    Ladyeliah Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It really depends on where you hold your weight. I've gone from a 12/14 to 6/8 pant size but I'm still in the same dress size because my top half doesn't have that many inches left to lose.
  • CMmomx4
    CMmomx4 Posts: 25
    Options
    About 10 lbs for me. I'm 5' 2'' so "less room" to spread the weight out ;)