Courgette Recipes

Options
mielchat
mielchat Posts: 41 Member
So I'm kinda limited on groceries at the moment, but I do have 3 courgettes (zucchini's) and I'm basically looking for idea's for what to do with them. I'm vegetarian too, but if anyone has any idea's it would be great :smile:

Replies

• loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I like to saute them with some onions. When done spinkle with little parmesan cheese....yummy. You may also try to search for zucchini on here and you will get a lot of links. good luck
  • mielchat
    mielchat Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I'm thinking melted parmesan would taste lovely :)
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I like grilling them with a little olive oil (optional) and herbs of your choice.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    slice into circles, saute in olive oil with a little garlic, serve on spaghetti with grated parmesan.
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Grilled zucchini boats....

cut zucchini in half and roast with a bit of onion salt and parmesean... once 1/2 way done add sauteeed ground turkey, tomatoes, peppers and stuff back into zucchini and continue to roast.. (think stuffed peppers only with zucchini!) YUM!
  • chuckswife94
    chuckswife94 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I roast zuchinni in the oven by slicing it thick, brushing it with a small amount of olive oil and a no salt seasoning blend (garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne and black pepper). 350 degress until tender maybe 30 minutes. Then I toss it with a little whole wheat pasta, lemon juice, parmesan and toasted slivered almonds. Yum!
  • caberselli
    caberselli Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I found this on another thread & saved it to try later. They looked really tasty. You may want to try the "search" feature for more ideas.

15 calorie Zucchini Tots

Ingredients:

Squash - Zucchini, includes skin, raw, 1 cup, chopped
    Onions - Raw, 1/4 cup, chopped
    Parmesean Cheese Grated - 1/4 cup
    Panko Bread Crumbs- 1/4 cup
    Eggs - Whole, raw, 1 large

Put the onion and zucchini in the food processor so it's finely chopped. Mix everything together. Spoon by the teaspoonful into mini muffin tin (GREASED) Pat down with back of spoon. 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until you notice them getting a beautiful brown crust on the edges. Makes 12 tots per tin.
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    parmesan is not vegetarian
  • keri3
    keri3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Julienne peeler..peel it up , looks like noodles then sauté it with other mixed veggies and add spaghetti sauce and you have spaghetti!! I also do the same recipe but replace the sauce with a wholly guacamole packet just to mix up the flavor. . You could also do the zucchini boat recipe but just no cheese.
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I mix them with chick peas, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes and feta cheese. Yum!

If you're feeling more adventurous you can grate them, bind them into patties with flour, egg (and optional feta cheese) and fry up little veggie burgers :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Grate it and add it to the final few minutes of cooking time for a pan of pasta. When I cook this I then add prawns and chopped chilli - for a vegetrain alternative I'd stir in some toated pine nuts or walnuts.
  • stomachflu
    stomachflu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've made zucchini boats before where you cut in half, hollow out and stuff with what you hollowed out and whatever else you want. Drizzle a little olive oil on top and then roast. Don't have a definite recipe.

But, I usually always (used) to eat zucchini in cake *laff*
  • BitteOrca
    BitteOrca Posts: 74 Member
    Options

parmesan is indeed vegetarian--it just isn't vegan.
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options

parmesan is indeed vegetarian--it just isn't vegan.
    It's impossible to make parmesan without animal rennet; parmesan is made using rennet from fourth stomach from slaughtered young, unweaned calves.
    So not vegetarian
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I like them grilled or grated as well:

Cut in half, a lil olive oil, salt& pepper, and sprinkle some parmesan & paprika... put in the oven at 400F and let cook to taste.
    On the BBQ I just put some dressing such a Balsamic, salt & pepper and grill them.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Here's a stuffed zucchini recipe that i haven't tried yet but has great reviews. I use food.com a lot for recipes. You can search zucchini and get lots of ideas. this has ham but you could omit it.

http://www.food.com/recipe/stuffed-zucchini-zucchini-ripieni-258337

Edit: sorry didn't know about the parmesean thing...so maybe you can't use this recipe.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I scoop them out a bit and mix the scrapings with herbs, cheese, garlic and pepper, and bake them (about 20mins) on an oiled tray.
  • sdoldsMD2013
    sdoldsMD2013 Posts: 128
    Options
    Make Zuchini pasta by spiralizing it! I've seen a lot of videos (the whole raw food movement) on youtube about it. :-)
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Bump!
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I made this the other night and served it with grilled chicken and salad.
    It's very filling!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/07/zucchini-casserole-25-pts.html