Victorious Victoria Day Challenge - May 5

Options
yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
Yesterday was elliptical, a very short bike ride and walk. Today is the day off with yoga and maybe a walk.

The two week mark is really looming for me. I guess I would like some sort of quantifiable progress - either inches or pounds. It was made even harder yesterday when I went out with a friend. She is quite out of shape, but we were discussing weight loss and she was talking about her goals. She's lost 10 lbs in two weeks. She is breast feeding, but still! she doesn't exercise except with me - though she may start. To me, the most discouraging thing is when others are losing quickly - but still at a healthy rate. The "I lost 6 pounds last month" really grates me. It seems so easy for them. Kind of like when guys say they started exercising and they lost the weight - if only! On a more positive note, I might be down a lb since we started this challenge 6 weeks ago. It will be confirmed tomorrow.

I think if I go another month or two with little progress, I will look into hiring a PT.

Sorry to be a downer. I'm really happy in all other aspects of my life - just a little discouraged with the weight loss. My fitness is great though :bigsmile:

Replies

• yoginimary
    Options
    Yesterday was elliptical, a very short bike ride and walk. Today is the day off with yoga and maybe a walk.

The two week mark is really looming for me. I guess I would like some sort of quantifiable progress - either inches or pounds. It was made even harder yesterday when I went out with a friend. She is quite out of shape, but we were discussing weight loss and she was talking about her goals. She's lost 10 lbs in two weeks. She is breast feeding, but still! she doesn't exercise except with me - though she may start. To me, the most discouraging thing is when others are losing quickly - but still at a healthy rate. The "I lost 6 pounds last month" really grates me. It seems so easy for them. Kind of like when guys say they started exercising and they lost the weight - if only! On a more positive note, I might be down a lb since we started this challenge 6 weeks ago. It will be confirmed tomorrow.

I think if I go another month or two with little progress, I will look into hiring a PT.

Sorry to be a downer. I'm really happy in all other aspects of my life - just a little discouraged with the weight loss. My fitness is great though :bigsmile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    great minds think alike. . .oops.

(I posted at the same time)

Oh, and Mary. . .I've noticed (maybe this is just my rationalization) that people who are dieting but not exercising seem to lose weight faster. I don't know why, and it doesn't seem like justice. Did you see (or maybe post. . .I can't remember) the study about how women can get thrown into starvation mode by exercising? UNFAIR! Bleeargh. But, I had a few "diet buddies" along the way who weren't exercising. . .and they all lost weight quicker than I did. But, they're not maintaining. One of them has gained fifty pounds back since I've lost my weight.
  • yoginimary
    Options
    And the Texan didn't say cinco de mayo - shame on me!

One funny thing I noticed about mfp - I browse it to deal with stress. Last night I was really ticked (think going to 4 grocery stores in two days and forgetting a main ingredient). All I could think about was smoking and eating - so I just got on the computer and browsed - didn't sign in or anything. It helped.:flowerforyou:

I did see the starvation mode thing! I somewhat wondered - with my over 90 minutes a day. I know this is the right way. I'm just btching. I will find out if I'm not eating enough, in two weeks, I'm on vacation for two weeks, eating out every meal, so the calories should go way up.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Hi ladies. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

I got in three hours of yard work yesterday and did BL Power Sculpt and a mile walk this morning. Headed out now for a couple more hours of working outside.

I'm gonna try to make sense out of this-wish me luck...for two weeks I seemed to be stuck at 173 pounds-another plateau I thought. Then on a Saturday we had a houseful-my kids, their kids, and some friends and it was super nice out so we stayed outside all day. I ate a couple pieces of pizza and didn't feel too guilty due to all the outside things I had done. Sunday we were outside again and I was less than careful with my eating. Monday morning-two weeks later-3 pounds gone. Now I'm down to 170. Then nothing for two weeks....til this morning. 167 pounds. I've stopped "regular" exercising and allowed myself a treat or two and haven't been so strict with my eating on the weekend. I don't know if it's a pattern, if it has to do with not exercising on Sat & Sunday or what but I LIKE IT!

Did any of that make sense?
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    I always found that when I have a particularly "sinful" meal (or day) I lost weight the following week. I'm still trying to figure out why our bodies don't make any sense at all. . .

I'm adding an enforced day off into my plan this week (I'll probably still end up walking) but I'm trying to keep my workouts at under 500 calories most days, with two hard cardio sessions a week (that end up closer to 900/1000 calories) to see if my body fat % will drop a little more. I feel like I've tried "more" for the past few years. . . now I'm trying the radical "less", because I want to commit to something I can do for the rest of my life.

:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Ok, last post here, I promise. Does Hip Hop Abs require, um, rhythm? It sounds like dance...
  • dragonscapes24
    Options
    Happy Cinco DeMio everyone... I have been absent for a bit... Mother nature paid a visit and I also got sick at the same time... I was not feeling up to anything... hardly ate and hardly moved... but am feeling better now... got up way to late this morning for my circuit training but I am going to take a walk with the dog... other than that it's study study study for me today... yeah... :grumble:

My Plan
    Food
    breakfast-protein shake
    lunch-pb&j
    dinner-steak and potatoes and salad
    snack-popcorn... uummmmm!!!!

Exercise
    60 min walk
    does studying count?...lol...:noway:

Have a great monday
    Jenn
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Ok, last post here, I promise. Does Hip Hop Abs require, um, rhythm? It sounds like dance...

Yes, but his cueing is very good. The moves aren't complex (no "combinations") just the same moves over and over. I just did the sculpting one, and it wasn't too "dancey". I'll report in on the other video, which I plan to do for my cardio tomorrow.

(I'm kind of an unfair judge, as I do have the rhythm. )

Oh, and p.s. I definitely feel in my abs that I did something (about eight hours post workout).
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi, I posted todays workout on yesterdays site, duh! Sorry, first day with my working computer what can I say. I didn't do any regular exercise I have been spring cleaning and vacuuming and a general hoeing out of all the accumulated junk that winter seems to leave in my house so around two to three hours of house work. I'm kinda stuck at 160 but I'm just happy I'm not gaining. Well going to bed gotta get up at 5:00 tomorrow. Have a good day girls. See you tomorrow