JULY GOAL CHALLENGE (May5th-May11th)

Options
kistinbee
kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
Good "late" morning challengers! I have still not weighed in since I'm scared to, but am starting to feel a little better and starting to exercise more and get back on track. Hopefully you are all doing well!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!

*Kistinbee*

P.S. Sorry for the late and short post!!!

Replies

• kistinbee
    Options
    Good "late" morning challengers! I have still not weighed in since I'm scared to, but am starting to feel a little better and starting to exercise more and get back on track. Hopefully you are all doing well!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!

*Kistinbee*

P.S. Sorry for the late and short post!!!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I weighed on thursday and am the same as always. However, I am going to try the Banks scale challenge and not weigh in for a month. This will be hard, but I hope to be surprised with a good weight loss. I am still going to check in here every week and see how everyone else is doing, but you won't see my totals until the first week in April. Wish me luck. :flowerforyou: Heidi

P.s. I really hope this torture pays off, but actually it's kinda like what kistinbee has been doing, you have not weighed in in a while right. Now I am joining you!! HeHe.:wink: Perhaps it will work.
  • OMISALJ
    OMISALJ Posts: 69
    Options
    Well if this is for the July 4th challenge. When i started i was 168.5 and now 2 weeks later i lost 5 lbs. It is such a great feeling to try on smaller clothes and just feel better. I started losing weight Feb.22 (before starting MFP) and total weight loss to date is 17.5 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I could cry sometimes on how great i feel, and never felt that i could even get this far.
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Today was my weigh in and i had some good news. Not only did i loose almost 2lbs but im finally below 20% body fat (average of 23.8 from scale and 15.5 from tape)

Started my weight loss at 268 lbs
    started MFP at 262 lbs
    last week 244.8 and 21.1% body fat
    today 243 and 19.6%
    Total weight loss 25 lbs.

I only have 3 more lbs to go for my goal weight but i think i will end up going lower then trying to pack on some more lean mass. With any luck i can still reach my goal of 240 lbs and 10 to 12% body fat by July 10 when i head home for my vacation but time is getting short.

Tim
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    I haven't posted in this challenge since 4th April!! I have been busy and went a week without having access to computer and various other things!!
    I was quite shocked when i saw the last stats i posted!!! Its great to see a loss like that!!

Last time posted (3rd april):

Start of mfp 231lbs
    start of July Goal challenge 182lbs
    weight last week 173lbs
    weight this week 170lbs
    loss this week 3lbs
    loss in challenge 12lbs

goal for july 147lbs
    left to go 23lbs!!

NOW:

Start of mfp 231lbs
    start of July Goal challenge 182lbs
    weight last time 170lbs
    weight this week 160lbs
    loss 10lbs :noway:
    loss in challenge 22lbs

goal for july 147lbs
    left to go 13lbs!!

I am very chuffed with this and i am going on holiday to Italy in 3 weeks!! Bikini here i come!!

I feel sure i can make my goal for July now!!!

Good luck everyone!! :flowerforyou:

Amanda
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I was doing the Scale Challenge, but curiosity got the best of me...! I weighed myself last Tues after 2 weeks without the scale (147) and then on Thurs morning before leaving for Las Vegas (144.8). After several buffets, very little sleep or exercise, and way too much Redbull/vodka I had to find out what I gained over the weekend (146.8). So only 2 lbs gained after eating and drinking anything I wanted for 4 days. Not too shabby actually. I can live with that. I upped my calories because of Banks' email last week about the1200 calories thing and I am still losing weight which was my main concern.

The local gym has a cheap 100 days summer deal to get people in the door so I think I'm going to join this week or next. I will be doing a lot of hiking, tennis, biking outside but I want to tone up using their weight machines and maybe even use a personal trainer once a week. I'm pretty excited to be in the home stretch. My friends over the weekend had good comments, and I wore a bikini to the pool for the first time since college! (Of course I didn't put enough sunscreen on my very white belly and burned some spots!)

Start MFP (Nov 07) - 182.5
    Last official weigh in - 150
    Today - 146.8
    Goal -138
    I am under the 10 lbs left mark!!

Congrats Amanda. You are an inspiration to many on this site. Keep up the good work everyone!!
  • Annabel_Lee13
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

This week I lost after being stuck. I upped my calories to 1340 from 1200 and that seems to be working. I needed to jumpstart my metabolism.

Start: 195 pounds
    last week: 179.4
    This week: 178

Down 1.4. Slowly getting there.:smile:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Congrats Nicole, Amanda, Lizard, Chief, OMISAL, and anyone else I missed on your progress! It looks like everyone is doing GREAT! And wow, Amanda - 10lbs in a month is awesome!

I had another good week - I'm out of the 180s for good. Woo-hoo! :drinker:

Start of challenge (2/12 for me): 194.8
    Last weigh-in (4/29): 179.8
    Current weight: 178
    July Goal: 155

Summer, here we come! :glasses: But there will be less of us by the time we get there! :laugh:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Giving us a mid-week BUMP - hope you all are having a great week! :flowerforyou:

I was REALLY proud of myself last night. I knew we were going out with friends after work and I wouldn't have time to exercise. So I ate lightly during the day, figured out what I was going to order ahead of time (avocado salad), logged it all, and then ate a yogurt right before I left the office so I wouldn't be tempted to pig out on chips (Mexican restaurant). And it was great! I had about 4 chips with salsa, a margarita (their margaritas don't use sour mix so they actually aren't too bad - about 180 calories), and my salad was delicious. Yum!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Well...close to the end of the week...and I'm still refusing to weigh in until maybe next week...we'll see. But, I've been doing GREAT! Monday I didn't make it to the gym, but foodwise was good. Tuesday I did Step class for 45 minutes and ran on the treadmill for 20 minutes. Yesterday I did 1 hour of running on the treadmill! Tonight I'm going back to Step class and some ab work. I feel SO much better about myself! Now I just need to keep it up! I know I won't be able to get to the gym on Friday, but I'm going to catch a spinning class Saturday morning! SO...I plan on weighing in next week and seing a loss! Wish me luck! And good luck to all of you! Have a GREAT weekend!!!!!

*Kistinbee*
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Congrats cp005e on hitting the 170's!! Feels good doesn't it?? And way to go on posting a "skin" picture :drinker: I hope to get mine on by tonight.

Kistin, sounds like you are very busy working out. I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised with your results. I am joining the gym next week and I can't wait to have so many more options at my disposal. They also have a deal for personal training sessions that I think will help with my final goal.

Have a great weekend!!
  • bigred1
    bigred1 Posts: 31
    Options
    hi
    start 184
    start july 4th wt 184
    last week wt 182
    this week wt 179
    wt lost this week 3lbs
    july 4th goal 175
    final goal 160
  • sewtoday123
    sewtoday123 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am new, but I would like to join.

My current weight is 161
    My BMI is 41%

I have been climbing the stairs at work everyday (except for today joints hurt). I have now made it to the 3rd floor, and my goal is to make it to the 4th floor tomorrow.
    I like this website for my food intake and exercises.
  • cp005e
    Options
    Wow, Lizard - you look great! You have some nice abs going there. :drinker:

Kistin, it sounds like you are on fire this week. Way to go!

Welcome new people, and have a great weekend! :flowerforyou:
  • lovemuffins
    lovemuffins Posts: 91
    Options
    Good Morning JGC pals...

I've had a crazy last couple of weeks. On Monday April 28th my 9 yr old niece was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia :cry: . Right now my 2 yr old son and I are staying with my sister and her family because of my husband being deployed to Iraq. My sis and brother-in-law were gone for that weekend and part of the week for their 10 year anniversary trip. She kept getting sick so I brought her to Urgent Care and found out this sad news! Then I had to call my sister and tell her over the phone and that they needed to come home. Very heartbreaking!!! She is doing well and is a very strong little girl! Today we find out if she is in remission already, she is a fighter and will not give up during this long 2.5 yr journey.

With that all said and done I have not been logging in or watching what I eat but I did weigh myself on Monday... So here are my stats:

Start of JGC: 182 lbs
    Last week: 160.2 lbs
    Monday: 158.6 lbs

Total loss for week: 1.6 lbs
    Total loss for JGC: 23.4 lbs (only 8.6 lbs to go until I hit my JGC!)
    Total loss for MFP: 31.4 lbs (:bigsmile: I finally lost over 30 lbs !YAY!)

Good luck for next week everyone... and please do some extra praying for my niece! :flowerforyou:
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Good Morning JGC pals...

I've had a crazy last couple of weeks. On Monday April 28th my 9 yr old niece was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia :cry: . Right now my 2 yr old son and I are staying with my sister and her family because of my husband being deployed to Iraq. My sis and brother-in-law were gone for that weekend and part of the week for their 10 year anniversary trip. She kept getting sick so I brought her to Urgent Care and found out this sad news! Then I had to call my sister and tell her over the phone and that they needed to come home. Very heartbreaking!!! She is doing well and is a very strong little girl! Today we find out if she is in remission already, she is a fighter and will not give up during this long 2.5 yr journey.

With that all said and done I have not been logging in or watching what I eat but I did weigh myself on Monday... So here are my stats:

Start of JGC: 182 lbs
    Last week: 160.2 lbs
    Monday: 158.6 lbs

Total loss for week: 1.6 lbs
    Total loss for JGC: 23.4 lbs (only 8.6 lbs to go until I hit my JGC!)
    Total loss for MFP: 31.4 lbs (:bigsmile: I finally lost over 30 lbs !YAY!)

Good luck for next week everyone... and please do some extra praying for my niece! :flowerforyou:

I am so sorry about your niece!!! I will pray for her. My daughter is 9 as well and I could not imagine that happening to us. I am so glad that she is in remission and that she is doing well. I believe that trials and things like this make our families stronger. My dad had cancer last year as well and he is now in remission also, but it has made him a stronger person and our family too. He was always a great dad and grandpa, but the cancer has made him even better. Best of luck to you and your family!!!

Also you are loosing your weight beautifully...how do you do it????? I am stuck! Heidi
  • sewtoday123
    Options
    Are you still doing the challenge if so what is the challenge? I climbed the stairs today to the 3rd floor. At least our heat here in Calif was not brutal as it has been!