Anyone have any good high protein recipies?

Options
I'm specifically looking for high protein recipies that don't have a ton of fat in them too. I get that one typically goes with the other, but there has to be SOME out there!!
I'm not looking for shakes or smoothies, I have loads of those. :smile:

I know that some fats are healthy, so I'm not going for "low fat" necessarily....I just don't want to eat something with 30-40 grams of fat in one serving, which is what all of the recipies have stated so far that I've found.

Replies

• kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    anyone??
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    ummm
    quark 50-70g,1 egg,salt pepper + veggies mix well, throw in a oven proof dish high protein dinner for 1!(oven cook till set)
    yummy
    like a creamy omlette,low fat,high protein and filling! :bigsmile:
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Anything with Tuna/Chicken will be high protein/low fat

I'm enjoying quinoa, chicken and peas salad at the minute. I cook the chicken in different spices for variety then just pack it for my lunch, it's really nice hot or cold.

I also love a tuna bean salad with hard boiled eggs. xx
  • satxtrap
    satxtrap Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I like to mess around with a 15 bean soup base, tossing in diced grilled chicken or turkey breast, and some veggies. A cup of that is around 140 cals, 11g protein, and 1 g or 2 of fat. I haven't found a mix that I'd say "wooo! you need to try this" yet but it's a good starter point for some of your own experiments. I'm sure you could bump up that protein count a bit higher too.
  • szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2011/08/29/recipe-easy-slow-cooker-refried-beans/

I'm in the process of trying to make this right now, when I put all the ingredients into the recipe builder here this is what it came out to be Based on 4 servings: Cals: 126 Fat: 0 Cholesterol: 0 Sodium: 58mg Potassium: 15mg Total Carbs: 45g Fiber: 28g Sugar: 2g Protein: 14g
  • kitigonkukoo
    Options
    ummm
    quark 50-70g,1 egg,salt pepper + veggies mix well, throw in a oven proof dish high protein dinner for 1!(oven cook till set)
    yummy

Nice! Not a ton of work either, double bonus. :wink:

What veggies do you usually use?
  • kitigonkukoo
    Options
    Anything with Tuna/Chicken will be high protein/low fat

I'm enjoying quinoa, chicken and peas salad at the minute. I cook the chicken in different spices for variety then just pack it for my lunch, it's really nice hot or cold.

I also love a tuna bean salad with hard boiled eggs. xx

Good idea! I'm taking notes. :smile:
  • kitigonkukoo
    Options
    I like to mess around with a 15 bean soup base, tossing in diced grilled chicken or turkey breast, and some veggies. A cup of that is around 140 cals, 11g protein, and 1 g or 2 of fat. I haven't found a mix that I'd say "wooo! you need to try this" yet but it's a good starter point for some of your own experiments. I'm sure you could bump up that protein count a bit higher too.

I haven't had 15 bean soup? Sounds like a good combo... my husband loves soup and I'm a fan of beans. :smile:

I love the protein 2 fat ratio there!!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Pork and Veggie Stir-fry
    Hummus Snack-Wrap
    Cheese Quesadilla
    Kidney Bean Salad
    Chili
    Black bean and corn salad
    Chickpea and feta salad
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Cube boneless skinless chicken breast, season with Weber Beer Can Chicken rub, refrigerate for 2 hours, place chicken on skewers for grilling. Cut of variety of veggies good for cooking on a grill (Mushrooms, Peppers, Onion Zuccihini) Sprintz with Olive Oil and season with Garlic Powder (or your favorie seasoning) you can either place the veggies on skewers or in a grilling basket. Grill until chicken is done and veggies are tender. Depending on your veggie choices this will be over 30 grams of protien, minimal fat and super yummy!
  • abbsparks
    abbsparks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Jamie Easons turkey muffins! http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1598115

note: this says it makes 12 muffins/2.5 lbs of ground turkey - I made mine into 24 muffins. Also you can add in whatever seasonings you enjoy, customized to your tastes. I like to add in chopped up cauliflower. These are yummy!
  • mfpmech
    mfpmech Posts: 10
    Options
    we do three chicken recipes that involve greek yogurt marinade, and we use 0% fat yogurt for them. stupendous flavor, silly amounts of protein, miniscule fat.

http://bakedbree.com/grilled-chicken-skewers is my favorite of the recipes we do

note: while we often use her lemon sauce to brush on, we never make the dipping sauce she recommends, nor use pita bread to eat it. we eat it on a bed of spinach, sometimes with pecans or pine nuts and berries (raspberries, strawberries).

an example of the measurements i took from the last time we made this looked like this (with 581g of chicken, one and a half onion, one and a half bellpepper)

152 calories | 3g carbs | 9g fat | 15g protein per skewer with vegetables

(note: i weigh everything that can be weighed, and i measure the things that don't have weights listed; i use USDA data for the foods when logging)

that's a 10:1 calorie to protein ratio, which i think is a pretty damn good for a prepared recipe (the best you're going to get is close to 5:1 for plain jane un-marinated or seasoned chicken/tuna and protein shakes).

we typically eat (for a meal) two (her) or three (me) of those skewers on the above mentioned spinach salad, and clock in tons of protein for very little calories.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    ummm
    yummy

Nice! Not a ton of work either, double bonus. :wink:

What veggies do you usually use?

a tomato sliced,mushrooms,onion and cheese!
  • okremix
    okremix Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Kebabs - lean meat such as lamb, alternated with cubes of haloumi cheese.

Lentils - puy lentil salad, add cheese like feta, or nuts such as walnuts/ pine nuts

Tuna, mixed with greek yoghurt instead of mayo.
  • kwin91
    kwin91 Posts: 128
    Options
    I mix up half a cup or skim milk, 2 oz of water, and my protein mix that only cost me $10 and total it have about 29 ish grams of protein and it tastes good:)
  • sara_d_jason
    Options
    knorr lipton chicken soup (1 pouch=70 calories), tofu cut in cubes (88g) but you could double the dose, Herbal life personnalized protein powder (1tbsp=20g of protein) and pieces of broccoli.This receipe is for 1 cup. I like it.
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    bump