30 Day Shred question

Options
Im a man and im gonna do the 30 day shred. Im sure other men do it? Anyway I dont care if its a bit girly, my weight suggests its a good idea.

The other thing is, I downloaded it from the internet, and would like to ask a question.

What way do the days work?

Do you do level 1 for so many days then move on to level 2 etc?

Also, if there is a way I can send an attachment just under a gig in size, ill email the full 30 day shred for free to anyone who wants it.

Replies

• cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, you do each level for 10 days, and do all 30 days consecutively. But if you find you're really struggling with a level, there's nothing wrong with staying on a it a bit longer, or taking some breaks (my lower legs and knees were hurting a lot, so I started doing every other day instead of every day, for example).
  • clairabell2024
    clairabell2024 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi,

10 days of each level- so 10 days of level 1, then 2, then 3.

Alot of people take a rest day inbetween or once a week but thats totally down to the individual.

Im starting the dvd again tonight and im going to try and stick to it to 30 days straight, never mamanged before haha.

Theres a guy who posted his sucess story on here a few months back, his results were AWESOME!

Good Luck

x
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Cheers
  • Nikocan
    Nikocan Posts: 95
    Options
    I just finished my 30DS and I did it in one go..30 days of workout..I did Level 1 for 10, Level 2 or 10 and Level 3 for another 10..You will see that this is the best approach cause the closer you get to your 10th day, the easier the workout gets. But then again to each his own, so try it out and do what works for you. If a certain level is still challenging at the end of the 10th day, keep at it a while more so that you are ready for the next level.

But trust me, it really works. I keep telling this to everyone, I dont think 30DS is for weightloss..You don't lose a lot of weight for it alone, but it is AWESOME for inch loss and getting your body toned. I combined this with Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD and ended up losing 15 pounds in a month. So while the cadio made me lose weight, the 30DS helped shrink my tummy. It worked for me. I am moving on to Ripped in 30 now and perhaps once I am done with it, I shall revisit 30DS again cause it has been so good to me.
  • kells1970
    kells1970 Posts: 29
    Options
    Do you need hand weights to do it and if so what weight?
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend doing it 30 consecutive days. Give yourself at least one rest day each week. If you find it to be too easy i would recommend her ripped in 30. Similar setup but it's four workouts so you do each for one week. I would typically do it 5 times a week.
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Do you need hand weights to do it and if so what weight?
    yes. I used 5 pounds but i think most used 3 and she recommends 3.
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    My approach has been the same as Nikocan's. I am almost done with 30 Day Shred - just 2 more days to complete. I do it every day, no breaks. I have only lost 2 pounds so far, but I have noticed my clothes fitting differently, so I'm sure I've lost a few inches as well. I plan to move onto other JM dvds that I have to continue my progress.

@kells1970 - You do need a set or two of light dumbbells. I mostly use 3 pounders but in level 3, I use 5 pounders for 2 of the exercises.
  • Lu_88
    Lu_88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Im on day 7 and with dieting and doing it everyday ive lost 3 lbs and a cm off my waist! Good luck and let us know how your getting on.
  • ALISHAWILLIAMSON
    ALISHAWILLIAMSON Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this topic. I just started 30DS as well and was wondering how often it should be done. Thanks for all the posts everyone!
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I am nearing the end of my second round (1st was in Sept 2011). I lost quite a bit of inches but not much in lbs...it's a great workout though. I add in elliptical for more cardio. I take one break per week (Sundays) from all exercise. If I would do the diet plan better I'm quite sure my results would be more dramatic. :/
    I use 3 lb weights on most exercises but like pp I use the 5 lbs on a couple. If I can't keep up with the reps, I rewind the darn thing so that I don't miss any.
    Good luck! And I don't think it's girly...it's just that girls happen to be doing it on the dvd...kwim?