NSV - Dining Out

Options
In all my years of dieting - this was a first for me. Was invited out to dinner at Chili's with some friends. I already knew the girls were going to order their free app of chips and queso...and there would be other obstacles to deal with...

I looked at the nutrition values online & picked out my meal ahead of time. Sooo glad I did because even some of their "lighter fare" was much higher in calories than I would have guessed! When I ordered my salad I requested it without the croutons and cheese - so that left me with the veggies. I used the old trick of dipping my fork in the dressing and ended up only using half of it. These 2 things alone let me reduce my dinner by over 100 calories! Then I enjoyed my chicken fajitas (without tortillas) and used about half the sour cream and cheese - delicious! This was a successful night out to dinner...usually I easily get swayed by what others order!

Oh & I avoided the chips & queso by having my salad brought out at the same time :)

Replies

• peacemongernc
    peacemongernc Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Excellent!! This has been one of my favorite things about MFP is being able to easily consider various options and plot a plan in advance. I'm going to use your strategies next time I'm at chili's! :) Sounds delicious!!

Very good!!
  • Cheryl188
    Cheryl188 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Deciding on your meal ahead of time is so smart! Almost every restaurant has their nutrition online. It's shocking at how much calories are in food we thought were 'healthy' or 'light'.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    fajitas without tortillas is my fave too.
  • Kellie82much
    Kellie82much Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Bravo for you! You are on the right track by thinking ahead and checking out the menu BEFORE you get there!
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    fantastico! job well done!
  • juanjones
    juanjones Posts: 5
    Options
    wonderful job! These are great tips for me. We eat takeout at least once a week. I am armed and ready to win. You are a good inspiration. Keep up the good work.
  • frillypantz
    frillypantz Posts: 134
    Options
    That's amazing willpower! Great job!
  • Saiklor
    Saiklor Posts: 183
    Options
    Well done!
    Fajitas without the shells, I hadn't thought of that! That's a great idea!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!